Head lights and flash lights

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

bigbob

Re: Head lights and flash lights

Unread postby bigbob » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:23 pm

I use my head light almost all the time when going in or out in the dark. It has multiple settings, including a red light. I will use the red light most of the time and will use brighter settings if necessary (thats not very often). I do carry a good streamlight handheld light but thats primarily for tracking only. I'm interested in the green light after some posts here.

Matt3

Unread postby Matt3 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:15 am

I've got a mini Mag light red lense is on it, surefire 200 lumen, extra batteries and bulbs for both. I am also going to be getting this for this year.
http://www.amazon.com/Princeton-Tec-Tac ... s+tactical

Has white, red, green and blue lenses

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
hoyt

Unread postby hoyt » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:35 am

I personally don't think lights bother deer that much. Last yr. I walked to less than 10yds. of an absolute monster size buck (rack-wise). It was an hr. before daylight or so and he was laying down on a little hump alongside a creek. I had my dim headlight on I use for watching my step and another handheld light that casts a long beam. I shined both lights on him and he never even looked at me...just looked past me in other directions like I wasn't there.

Walked up on a couple more last season also..one another real big droptine. Him and a doe did lope off. I don't worry about the lights..use them as I need them.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”