Late Season Public Swamp Success!!

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Zap

Re: Late Season Public Swamp Success!!

Unread postby Zap » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:05 pm

bowhunter15 wrote:For your viewing pleasure, you can go full screen and click it to HD. I uploaded it in 1080p. Feel free to leave any critiques of the footage or editing. :D

[bbvideo=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0qKCjK5z-Q&list=UUrWvet_L5H1_AV3kATmydnQ&index=1&feature=plcp&fmt=22[/bbvideo]

Nice video.. 8-)

"Forged in fire lit long ago. Stand next to me and you will never stand alone".
Czabs
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Behind-T ... 0697772652

Unread postby Czabs » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:38 pm

Dude! I really liked the video, that was awesome. Editing was good, good camera work, interviews. Great Job. Congrats on the doe and filming yourself is a PITA for sure. Keep it up man, I love watching these DIY hunts and getting them on film is great. What kind of camera and camera arm are you using btw?
RaisedByWolves
500 Club

Unread postby RaisedByWolves » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:42 am

awesome job on the deer and the video, you obviously know what your doing! congrats 8-)
When better is possible, good is never good enough
U.P. MAN
500 Club

Unread postby U.P. MAN » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:16 am

Very nice footage. I too would like to know what camera you were using. Also what editing program did you use? Great job :clap:
Straightshot

Unread postby Straightshot » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:33 am

Very cool video. I liked how you showed your setup when you were climbing down the tree. I think there is a lot to learn from others setups. Great job on editing also. Way to get it done.
Hodag Hunter
500 Club

Unread postby Hodag Hunter » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:38 am

That is a good video, really liked the split screen with your bow drawn getting ready to shoot. You sure go the extra mile with setting the 2nd camera up for different angles. Congrats on the doe.
bowhunter15
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/DIY-Spor ... 3136327062

Unread postby bowhunter15 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:53 am

What kind of camera and camera arm are you using btw?

U.P. MAN wrote:Very nice footage. I too would like to know what camera you were using. Also what editing program did you use? Great job :clap:

My main camera is a Canon Vixia HF S100. I had it set up with a Lone Wolf arm and also had the DM-100 shotgun microphone attached to the camcorder hot shoe. You can see it on the video at 2:13. It's that gray fuzzy thing. The camera underneath it is black, and the arm sticks out to the right before angling back to the tree. It's a little tougher to see since its covered in camo tape.

The editing program I used it Premiere Pro CS5 but I didn't really do anything that I couldn't have done with a lesser program like Premiere Elements... the important thing was that it allowed me to edit and export in full HD, which my old program didn't have the capabilities for. And thanks to everyone for the kind words so far. Self filming is tough, and I almost missed that opportunity because I was trying to film...but luckily in the end it all worked out.
Liberty-Hunt
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/liberty.hunt.188

Unread postby Liberty-Hunt » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:00 am

8-)
Cool footage! Nice kill to.
"Huntingly",
L-H

GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH!
bowhunter15

Unread postby bowhunter15 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:00 am

Straightshot wrote:Very cool video. I liked how you showed your setup when you were climbing down the tree. I think there is a lot to learn from others setups. Great job on editing also. Way to get it done.

One thing that I thought was pretty interesting, was that last year I had hunted this spot in my LW assault, and got picked off by does 40 yards away while slowly reaching for my bow which was between my legs in the holder. Same thing with a buck the next day. However, this time I was able to get to full draw before the biggest doe noticed at about 4 yards. The only difference I had made was that I was using that Assassin stand which kept my profile closer to the tree, as seen in 3:39. Not trying to push the product by any means and maybe it was just a fluke, but I was pretty shocked and it increased the amount of confidence I have with that stand.
PredatorTC
500 Club

Unread postby PredatorTC » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:06 am

Congratts man! I like your editing! DO you have any other videos that you have made like this? If so, It would be cool to see them 8-)
Milk Weed Seed
500 Club

Unread postby Milk Weed Seed » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:34 am

Are you thinking about getting into the outdoor filming industry? Looks like you have some talent with filming , editing, and speaking on camera....
I give you guys who film yourselves all the credit in the world.... I can't talk and walk at the same time let alone run a camera. :cry:
[glow=red]Happiness is only a gut pile away[/glow]
NightwishMike
500 Club

Unread postby NightwishMike » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:53 am

Nice Video.

You have a real talent for filming, editing, and hunting.

I wouldn't be surprised at all for you to be featured somehow someday.
bowhunter15

Unread postby bowhunter15 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:12 am

Milk Weed Seed wrote:Are you thinking about getting into the outdoor filming industry?

PredatorTC wrote:Congratts man! I like your editing! DO you have any other videos that you have made like this? If so, It would be cool to see them 8-)

Thanks again for the kind words! At my current rate it's nothing more than it is now, stories and memories. I figure that even if I were to make and release a DVD, it would take a couple years just to get enough hunts to fill it up. None of my close hunting buddies have cameras that they can film themselves with, which means that I can film them after I tag out, but that's obviously not ideal. It seems like most of the big names have several different hunters hunting multiple states, all being filmed, in order to have enough footage year in and year out. And there's always situations filming yourself where, like this one, you're forced to either take the shot off camera or risk losing the deer entirely. Something along the lines of the Whitetail Addictions episodes would be cool to be featured on someday though.

And Predator, I am going to upload footage of my WI gun hunt and MN bowhunts for the big buck contest entry. I posted a short clip of the buck a while back but the quality and editing will be much better I believe once I finalize it.
PredatorTC
500 Club

Unread postby PredatorTC » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:16 am

bowhunter15 wrote:
Milk Weed Seed wrote:Are you thinking about getting into the outdoor filming industry?

PredatorTC wrote:Congratts man! I like your editing! DO you have any other videos that you have made like this? If so, It would be cool to see them 8-)

Thanks again for the kind words! At my current rate it's nothing more than it is now, stories and memories. I figure that even if I were to make and release a DVD, it would take a couple years just to get enough hunts to fill it up. None of my close hunting buddies have cameras that they can film themselves with, which means that I can film them after I tag out, but that's obviously not ideal. It seems like most of the big names have several different hunters hunting multiple states, all being filmed, in order to have enough footage year in and year out. And there's always situations filming yourself where, like this one, you're forced to either take the shot off camera or risk losing the deer entirely. Something along the lines of the Whitetail Addictions episodes would be cool to be featured on someday though.

And Predator, I am going to upload footage of my WI gun hunt and MN bowhunts for the big buck contest entry. I posted a short clip of the buck a while back but the quality and editing will be much better I believe once I finalize it.

Good deal! Cant wait to see them
Czabs
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Behind-T ... 0697772652

Unread postby Czabs » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:32 am

After watching the video again that tree that your sitting in looks familiar ;) PM sent.

Did you somehow attach a fluid head to that camera arm? I have used the lonewolf arm and I can't get the darn thing to be smooth at all. Even though there wasn't a lot of moving around it did a great job with it. Congrats again man, and that is not an easy drag out... :shock:

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”