Late Season Public Swamp Success!!

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

bowhunter15
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/DIY-Spor ... 3136327062

Re: Late Season Public Swamp Success!!

Unread postby bowhunter15 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:38 am

Czabs wrote:After watching the video again that tree that your sitting in looks familiar ;) PM sent.

Did you somehow attach a fluid head to that camera arm? I have used the lonewolf arm and I can't get the darn thing to be smooth at all. Even though there wasn't a lot of moving around it did a great job with it. Congrats again man, and that is not an easy drag out... :shock:

I just used the stock LW arm. The key to smooth footage is to use the pan head as little as possible. You can see when the deer first come in it was a little shaky but once I got it set up to where I felt it was in a good position I let it sit there. Swinging the arm is fairly smooth, but whenever I unscrew the handle to adjust the head there's much room for improvement.

Crazy that we've both hunted the same tree LOL. The beast sure brings guys with similar hunting styles together. :lol:

Czabs
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Behind-T ... 0697772652

Unread postby Czabs » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:43 am

bowhunter15 wrote:
Czabs wrote:After watching the video again that tree that your sitting in looks familiar ;) PM sent.

Did you somehow attach a fluid head to that camera arm? I have used the lonewolf arm and I can't get the darn thing to be smooth at all. Even though there wasn't a lot of moving around it did a great job with it. Congrats again man, and that is not an easy drag out... :shock:

I just used the stock LW arm. The key to smooth footage is to use the pan head as little as possible. You can see when the deer first come in it was a little shaky but once I got it set up to where I felt it was in a good position I let it sit there. Swinging the arm is fairly smooth, but whenever I unscrew the handle to adjust the head there's much room for improvement.

Crazy that we've both hunted the same tree LOL. The beast sure brings guys with similar hunting styles together. :lol:

I thought about it and I watched the video again and I was like tamarack, tamarack, tamarack...HE'S SITTING IN THE TREE I SAT IN! LOL. Good stuff man. Keep up the filming man, I love it.
NightwishMike
500 Club

Unread postby NightwishMike » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:45 am

Czabs wrote:I thought about it and I watched the video again and I was like tamarack, tamarack, tamarack...HE'S SITTING IN THE TREE I SAT IN! LOL.

That's crazy! :lol:
PLB
500 Club

Unread postby PLB » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:33 am

Very awesome video and that's some crazy about sitting in the same tree!! :shock: :lol: :lol:
Obsession Bows
Lone Wolf Alpha and sticks
Hodag Hunter
500 Club

Unread postby Hodag Hunter » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:59 am

NightwishMike wrote:
Czabs wrote:I thought about it and I watched the video again and I was like tamarack, tamarack, tamarack...HE'S SITTING IN THE TREE I SAT IN! LOL.

That's crazy! :lol:

A buddy and I did that twice without knowing where the other sat. :shock: Both times were years apart.

The first time he didn't believe I sat there until we went back together and showed him where I forgot and left a little screw in bow holder.....it was at least 10 years ago when we both used a climber and I had gone up about 5' higher than him. Public land area south of shawano WI with 1000's of acres....... Cool thing is we both shot deer from the 1st tree, just does, but still cool.

The 1st spot was a legit 3/4 of a mile from the parking area. Crazy stuff, but sharp minds think a like. ;)
Schultzy
500 Club

Unread postby Schultzy » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:18 am

That was neat!! Congratulation's on the doe!!
jigga

Unread postby jigga » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:26 am

congrats on the doe, great job on the filming , and editing . Love the down view while your drawing back , very cool
rudy78
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=716176610

Unread postby rudy78 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:49 am

Congrats, very good job of self-filming & editing it up as well.
Full Access- Rom. 5:1-2

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”