Theres no Rage on the end of this arrow!

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

BigHunt

Re: Theres no Rage on the end of this arrow!

Unread postby BigHunt » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:55 pm

Spysar wrote:Rages encourage not tuning your bow properly.Even if they still hit good out of the non tuned bow, the arrow has lost more energy flying poorly. And they soak up most of the bows energy trying to open. I could go on and on about WHY they suck. Most people use them cause they can't get fixed blades to fly...

yes i cant get muzzy to fly straight ....i don't get it ...i had my bow tuned and everything ...they fly all over the place .....what should do :? :? :? IF i go back to them

HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Spysar
500 Club

Unread postby Spysar » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:03 pm

Redbeard, I could help you tune your bow, but it will take me alot of typing. You can't hand your bow to a bow shop, and say tune this. To do it right, you have to do it. Most bow shops set a bow close, you have to do the rest.

If you read my story from this year, I used four DIFFERENT heads. They all flew good and killed. Expandables and fixed.I wanted to prove a tuned bow will shoot almost any head.

Maybe I should open a bow tuning thread.
Last edited by Spysar on Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A buck will see you three times, and hear you twice, but he's only gonna smell you once.
Zap

Unread postby Zap » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:05 pm

I go up to St. Joseph and hand my bow to Mike Carter of Carters Archery.......

Dead nuts tuned when he hands it back.
"Forged in fire lit long ago. Stand next to me and you will never stand alone".
Spysar
500 Club

Unread postby Spysar » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:10 pm

Zap wrote:I go up to St. Joseph and hand my bow to Mike Carter of Carters Archery.......

I guess you don't need rages then. :mrgreen:
A buck will see you three times, and hear you twice, but he's only gonna smell you once.
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:10 pm

Spysar wrote:Redbeard, I could help you tune your bow, but it will take me alot of typing. You can't hand your bow to a bow shop, and say tune this. To do it right, you have to do it. Most bow shops set a bow close, you have to do the rest.

If you read my story from this year, I used four DIFFERENT heads. They all flew good and killed. Expandable s and fixed.

Maybe I should open a bow tuning thread.

i read your stories but it never dawned on me :?
.......that would be awesome spy .........

ya i hear ya on that ....how do you tune it the rest of the way ....honestly i don't even know what im talking about when it comes to tuning your bow :oops: but this is why i listen and why i am here to learn ;) 8-) any help on this would be very very appreciated

thanks spy ,
ty aka redbeard :mrgreen:
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Zap

Unread postby Zap » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:14 pm

Spysar wrote:
Zap wrote:I go up to St. Joseph and hand my bow to Mike Carter of Carters Archery.......

I guess you don't need rages then. :mrgreen:

Nope..... :lol:
Spysar
500 Club

Unread postby Spysar » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:16 pm

To sum it up, you want your arrow flying straight out of your bow. Not nock up, or down. Not nock left, or right. No fishtailing, or porpoising.

You want the nock to pass through the same spot as the tip. In midair. At all yardages.

It's easy to miss problems, as your fletchings will correct flight imperfections.

Easier said than done.
Spysar
500 Club

Unread postby Spysar » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:17 pm

Redbeard, if you really want to see what your bow is doing, shoot an arrow with no fletchings at your target. Stand close to the target at first.
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:19 pm

Spysar wrote:Redbeard, if you really want to see what your bow is doing, shoot an arrow with no fletchings at your target. Stand close to the target at first.

and what will this achieve
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
PLB
500 Club

Unread postby PLB » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:20 pm

Rage in the cage man! That's how I roll! I shot muzzys forever, they fly good! The gaping holes and ridiculously short blood trails are why I switched. You have to change the oring out when they show weathering. You have to make sure the blades click into your o rings. If you take the time to make sure you do this, you will have no issues! Trust me, these broadheads are scary deadly!!

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Obsession Bows
Lone Wolf Alpha and sticks
PLB
500 Club

Unread postby PLB » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:29 pm

To each their own, use what works for ya! My bow is tuned professionally and sighted in dead nuts over 100 yards off a computer program, I still choose to shoot Rage! Does that make the muzzy shooter a better hunter? Use what works and what you have confidence in.

Obsession Bows
Lone Wolf Alpha and sticks
Spysar
500 Club

Unread postby Spysar » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:30 pm

Public Land Beast wrote:Rage in the cage man! That's how I roll! I shot muzzys forever, they fly good! The gaping holes and ridiculously short blood trails are why I switched. You have to change the oring out when they show weathering. You have to make sure the blades click into your o rings. If you take the time to make sure you do this, you will have no issues! Trust me, these broadheads are scary deadly!!

Your missing the point.
Zap

Unread postby Zap » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:32 pm

Rage's have a point.
Beason
500 Club

Unread postby Beason » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:34 pm

Spysar wrote:Maybe some speed shooter with a light arrow and wide head.

Exactly. Look at all the "professionals" that seem to never get a pass through even on a well placed shot.
Spysar
500 Club

Unread postby Spysar » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:34 pm

BigHunt wrote:
Spysar wrote:Redbeard, if you really want to see what your bow is doing, shoot an arrow with no fletchings at your target. Stand close to the target at first.

and what will this achieve

If your bow is tuned, that means its throwing the arrow straight out of the bow. The fletchings don't have to stabilize the arrow, it's already going straight.

If your bow is not tuned, it will throw the arrow out whichever way it's out of tune, and there will be no fletchings to correct the flight. They will stick in the target crooked.

If your bow is tuned, a non fletched arrow will hit very close to how a fletched arrow hits.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”