Multiple bucks in same bedding area

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

wmihunter

Multiple bucks in same bedding area

Unread postby wmihunter » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:45 pm

When Dan killed his 400lb slob he mentioned he passed a 140" 10 pt. were they sharing a bedding area? Anyone else experience this?

[ Post made via iPod ] Image

magicman54494
500 Club

Re: Multiple bucks in same bedding area

Unread postby magicman54494 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:06 pm

Dan's deer are gay! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's common for bucks to bachlor up. I've seen it a lot but only at the start of season then they split up. I also knew of a big 8 point that had a liitle fork horn that hung with him long after normal breakup. I've never seen 2 big ones hang together though.
Swampthing
500 Club

Unread postby Swampthing » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:45 pm

Each of the past 3 years I've had 2 bucks exit the same bedding area together. All 3 of these instances happened around October 28 th.
All 3 times the scenario was roughly the same. 1 HOUR b4 sunset, yearling buck exiting 1 st and 30 or 40 yards behind would come the big guy.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:57 pm

Last year late season from my stand WAY out in the cattails I saw two bucks one that would have scored over 150" and the other a Booner for sure stand up from their beds that were very close to each other. The came as close as 40 yards and then headed away from me. :cry:

I have seen bucks bedded together before but never two mature bucks of this size. They were bedded in the middle of cattails on top of ice and packed down grasses. When they got up out of their beds they walked up together and kinda sniffed each other but showed no sign of agression towards each other. As a matter of fact they walked off thru that cattails together like buddies. Coolest thing I ever saw! Just wish they had come closer to me! :(

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”