When do you get home from hunting?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

BackWoodsHunter
500 Club

Re: When do you get home from hunting?

Unread postby BackWoodsHunter » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:12 pm

I don't find much enjoyment fumbling around in the dark on public land but I don't pick my spots based on ease of access. On private land I usually know my way around well so there is less concern. That being said I don't let the fear of getting lost keep me out of the game so I always sit til last legal light. I am usually back to the truck within an hour from my spots. Most of my spots are 15-60mins drive, I find a lot of peace in the windshield time listening to some tunes on my way home after a day in the woods.

"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind." Fred Bear
Czabs
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Behind-T ... 0697772652

Unread postby Czabs » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:32 pm

Spysar wrote:For a month straight it's hunt, eat, sleep. And the sleep part suffers.

How often do you find yourself taking a snooze on stand? ;) . I have a little trouble with that especially on cold days and the sun comes out midday, its real nice and cozy :mrgreen: .
Czabs
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Behind-T ... 0697772652

Unread postby Czabs » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:34 pm

BackWoodsHunter wrote:I don't find much enjoyment fumbling around in the dark on public land but I don't pick my spots based on ease of access. On private land I usually know my way around well so there is less concern. That being said I don't let the fear of getting lost keep me out of the game so I always sit til last legal light. I am usually back to the truck within an hour from my spots. Most of my spots are 15-60mins drive, I find a lot of peace in the windshield time listening to some tunes on my way home after a day in the woods.

I find that peaceful myself. Its a totally different speed and station when I'm headed to my stand though! :lol:

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”