How big of a part of your life is about deer hunting?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

How big of a part of your life is about deer hunting?

Unread postby Stanley » Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:12 am

Just curious, how you place hunting deer on your list of ardent devotions.

You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
snoman4

Re: How big of a part of your life is about deer hunting?

Unread postby snoman4 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:27 am

God, family, job, and then hunting. Its a very big part of my life and three out of the five boys along with my wife enjoy it with me. We cherish our time in the woods and working the property together.
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:42 am

well i don't have much of a family so hunting is high on my list .......i live to hunt and work because i have to ....afford my hunting equipment :lol:
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:50 am

Up until the last few years it has been everything to me. Outside of fishing (which I haven't done much of in recent years) there really hasn't been anything else that comes close. I have to say that making hunting everything in my life has been a big regret. I even thought about writing an article about it. I hope people are careful not to let it become too important. It can actually ruin a persons life.
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral
Bigdaddy-yoyo
500 Club

Unread postby Bigdaddy-yoyo » Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:54 am

I am with snoman.....God ,family,work(retired) and loving the out doors.....sharing it with my grandsons :)
rudy78
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=716176610

Unread postby rudy78 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:02 am

As kids & stuff have taken more time, so hunting is less then it used to be. Pretty much gave up everyrhing else though like softball, fishing & any hobbies, so they don't take any time away, so when I'm away I'm hunting. As my kids are getting older I'm finding more ways to take them with for hunting stuff. That way we get to enjoy it togerher.
-God
-Family
-job
-church/neighbors/friends
-hunting
In a lot of ways they all mix together as well.
[ Post made via Palm ] [img]
Last edited by rudy78 on Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:29 am, edited 3 times in total.
Full Access- Rom. 5:1-2
snoman4

Unread postby snoman4 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:10 am

Bigdaddy-yoyo wrote:I am with snoman.....God ,family,work(retired) and loving the out doors.....sharing it with my grandsons :)

I retire in 6 years so I will have more time to hunt if I do not decide to pursue another career. 25 years in Law Enforcement is long enough. Congrats on being retired and enjoying grandkids...hopefully I have a few more years to wait on that.
JRM6868
The Terminator

Unread postby JRM6868 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:11 am

rudy78 wrote:As kids & stuff have taken more time, so hunting is less then it used to be. Pretty much gave up everyrhing else though like softball, fishing & any hobbies, so they don't take any time away, so when I'm away I'm hunting. As my kids are getting older I'm finding more ways to take them with for hunting stuff. That way we get to enjoy it togerher.
-God
-Family
-job
-hunting

X2
well said
Bigdaddy-yoyo
500 Club

Unread postby Bigdaddy-yoyo » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:23 am

thanks snowman. The retirement was due to MS....would rather be working, 22 years as a Union electrician. But by the good Lords blessings it has all worked out. The time with the Grand children is what I love.
Bigdaddy-yoyo
500 Club

Unread postby Bigdaddy-yoyo » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:25 am

Rudy 78 well said Brother :)
snoman4

Unread postby snoman4 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:40 am

Bigdaddy-yoyo wrote:thanks snowman. The retirement was due to MS....would rather be working, 22 years as a Union electrician. But by the good Lords blessings it has all worked out. The time with the Grand children is what I love.

MS is a life changing disease. My dads sister and my first cousin Jim both have it. I feel for you brother and will keep you and your family in my prayers. Its good that your health is good enough to still enjoy hunting and your Grandkids.
Czabs
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Behind-T ... 0697772652

Unread postby Czabs » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:45 am

Hunting has been huge in my life. I don't know if its good or bad. But I'm addicted to hunting like a crackhead is addicted to drugs. I can't say it has kept me away from friends and family because I hunt with my friends and family. But hunting is the reason why I don't have a girlfriend also..they just don't understand its a year round thing, not just fall. The girls I do find that enjoy the outdoors, and don't care about all the time I put in the woods have major drinking problems. Solve that one for me :think: . Getting texts at 1:00 am and calls saying come to the bar/party when I'm sleeping, to wake up for hunting is not on my attractive list! :twisted: However for the time being I'm pretty content with work, school, and hunting.
Ridgerunner7
500 Club

Unread postby Ridgerunner7 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:12 am

This pretty much sums it up for me. While family and such is most important in my life, hunting and the outdoors is a big part of who I am. It calls for me an calms my soul... so to speak. I try to keep a healthy balance with no regrets but I enjoy strategies that increase my hunting skill year round. Its become my lifestyle but I don't let it interfere with my duties as a father, teacher, friend, etc.
rudy78 wrote:As kids & stuff have taken more time, so hunting is less then it used to be. Pretty much gave up everyrhing else though like softball, fishing & any hobbies, so they don't take any time away, so when I'm away I'm hunting. As my kids are getting older I'm finding more ways to take them with for hunting stuff. That way we get to enjoy it togerher.
-God
-Family
-job
-hunting

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:31 am

Deer hunting is a very large part of my life. IIf I am not hunting I am usually thinking about hunting and sometimes I wonder if that is healthy since I never get tired of all of the activities that go into it. I don't have any kid's and my wife is 100% supportive when it comes to anything related to hunting so I guess I have it pretty good in that respect. I do a pretty good job balancing everything out to make her happy as well and try to be careful that I keep my priorities in order.

Most of the guys that I know turn it off during the offseason but I cannot seem to be able to do that. That's why it is so nice to log on here at The Hunting Beast and talk hunting anytime of the day with people that are into it as much as me.
JV NC
500 Club

Unread postby JV NC » Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:53 am

In the overall scheme of things....hunting is at least as far down as I've seen mentioned (on my list of what's important).

I think it would be interesting to let our wives and family members answer where THEY think hunting ranks on our list of what's important in life. ;)
Lateral Bowhunter

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”