Shooting your bow with glasses

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Bigdaddy-yoyo
500 Club

Re: Shooting your bow with glasses

Unread postby Bigdaddy-yoyo » Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:25 am

Tim...I am having a left handed recurve made.I have shot my whole life right handed. Just would close my eye. I want to shoot with both eyes open. Rick Welch,who is making my bow,convinced me to shoot lefty. We will see how it goes. If it goes well , I will be selling my DXT and buying a lefty compound. I will post how it goes when I get my recurve.

tim
500 Club

Unread postby tim » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:13 am

hey bigdaddy, i'll be interested to see how it goes. i would be so uncoordinated i dont think i could do it. i shoot my guns right handed also , matter of fact i do almost everything right handed, but im left handed and left eye dominant
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:45 am

My problem is that both of my eyes are equal dominance. I shoot left handed and have to squint my right eye when I shoot my bow otherwise I will see two sets of pins too. Been doing that forever and works fine for me.

I wear glasses as well and even when I wear contacts it's the same problem. I think slightly closing your non aiming eye is the easiest solution.
Bigdaddy-yoyo
500 Club

Unread postby Bigdaddy-yoyo » Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:46 am

I am left eye dominant but right handed. I have been trying to do things with my left hand to get my brain ready......I don't know if that will help in the process. But I am getting to a point where I dont think about it, I guess it is coming a little more natural. It will be interesting

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”