trail cams in buck beds

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

rack addict
500 Club

trail cams in buck beds

Unread postby rack addict » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:34 pm

Wondering if anyone puts trail camera's in buck beds. Obviously it would be after your done hunting but it seems like it would be a great way to gather intel on certain beds. I think it would be a great way to see how many bucks and exactly what wind or winds they use it. I was just thinking about it and thought it would be a good post season tool. Not something you would want to do during the summer or anything but right now seems like a good time.

BigHunt

Re: trail cams in buck beds

Unread postby BigHunt » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:43 pm

yes this is a member on here called KLEMZ i think and did an experiment on a buck bed but nothing was capture d ill look and see if i can find the link ;)

its a really good idea i want to do it to a good bedding area with a good chance. obliviously you cant hunt this bedding area but the research and science would be cool and useful
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:52 pm

HUNT LIKE A BEAST
DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:54 pm

BigHunt wrote:yes this is a member on here called KLEMZ i think and did an experiment on a buck bed but nothing was capture d ill look and see if i can find the link ;)

its a really good idea i want to do it to a good bedding area with a good chance. obliviously you cant hunt this bedding area but the research and science would be cool and useful

I thought he wasn't going to pull that camera until the end of the season?
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral
BackWoodsHunter
500 Club

Unread postby BackWoodsHunter » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:55 pm

DEERSLAYER wrote:
BigHunt wrote:yes this is a member on here called KLEMZ i think and did an experiment on a buck bed but nothing was capture d ill look and see if i can find the link ;)

its been pulled a darn coon messed with it in August and it never got a picture of deer...hopefully bighunt digs up that thread...
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind." Fred Bear
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:07 pm

BackWoodsHunter wrote:
DEERSLAYER wrote:

its been pulled a darn coon messed with it in August and it never got a picture of deer...hopefully bighunt digs up that thread...

that is the thread i think :think:
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:10 pm

BackWoodsHunter wrote:its been pulled a darn coon messed with it in August and it never got a picture of deer...hopefully bighunt digs up that thread...

That's a real bummer. It looked and sounded like a good bed for a camera.
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral
rack addict
500 Club

Unread postby rack addict » Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:17 pm

I know that was the most anticipated thread all season!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”