Bucks on trail cam

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

adrenalin
500 Club

Bucks on trail cam

Unread postby adrenalin » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:15 pm

So let's say you had a trail cam out on a food source. You also knew a few different bedding areas that were used relating to that food source. 2 bucks show up on your camera, one shows up on a regular basis and you think you could kill him by his bed because hes on the cam almost every night. He is a buck that is by your standards a "shooter." You also have a bigger buck that shows up about once a week. Which one do you hunt?

BigHunt

Re: Bucks on trail cam

Unread postby BigHunt » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:37 pm

adrenalin wrote:So let's say you had a trail cam out on a food source. You also knew a few different bedding areas that were used relating to that food source. 2 bucks show up on your camera, one shows up on a regular basis and you think you could kill him by his bed because hes on the cam almost every night. He is a buck that is by your standards a "shooter." You also have a bigger buck that shows up about once a week. Which one do you hunt?

witch ever one crosses my path first :twisted: 8-)
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:39 pm

I always opt for the biggest one if I think I have a chance.
rudy78
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=716176610

Unread postby rudy78 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:33 pm

A lot of variables with this one, like how much property you can hunt, how much time, if you have any idea where the biigger buck is bedding, what time of night the bigger one is there...
For me is the regular is a good buck & I have a plan for him, I would go after him when conditions are right, when not try to pin down the bigger buck.

[ Post made via Palm ] Image
Full Access- Rom. 5:1-2
JRM6868
The Terminator

Unread postby JRM6868 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:37 pm

Alot of variables with the bigger buck. Time he shows up where he's coming from,have you seen him before out of the foodplot. Is he killable basically. If he is killable even if it's once a week I go for the bigger buck. If the regular is regular let him go another year and get bigger.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:44 pm

I would hunt both. Nothing is to say either will offer a shot. The biggest one gets my attention first though.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”