Lone Wolf Silence

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

kenn1320
500 Club

Re: Lone Wolf Silence

Unread postby kenn1320 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:44 pm

buckle on the stand :? :? :? :? :?

Your stand is held to the tree with the same strap/buckle as each stick. 8-) If not covered, it can swing and hit the stand or a stick that is on the tree and clank.

"Its about taking the right shot at the right time with good equipment." Dan Infalt
BackWoodsHunter
500 Club

Unread postby BackWoodsHunter » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:14 pm

kenn1320 wrote:Just an fyi, I place the inner tube on [glow=red]all[/glow] buckles, even the one on the stand.

When I used the tubes on my buckles on my sticks they slipped. No way would I put them on the buckles that are constantly under pressure on my stand...I left the tubes on my bottom two sticks but I won't use them any higher than the first couple sticks...scared me when it started to slip.
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind." Fred Bear
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:46 pm

BackWoodsHunter wrote:
kenn1320 wrote:Just an fyi, I place the inner tube on [glow=red]all[/glow] buckles, even the one on the stand.

When I used the tubes on my buckles on my sticks they slipped. No way would I put them on the buckles that are constantly under pressure on my stand...I left the tubes on my bottom two sticks but I won't use them any higher than the first couple sticks...scared me when it started to slip.

I experienced the same thing until I cut a square hole in the innertube on top of the release lever. Didn't have a problem all season after doing that.
NightwishMike
500 Club

Unread postby NightwishMike » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:03 pm

Nice stands BH! Looks a lot like my setup.
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:26 pm

BackWoodsHunter wrote:

I experienced the same thing until I cut a square hole in the innertube on top of the release lever. Didn't have a problem all season after doing that.

this never happen to me .......i weight 260 pounds
they didn't slip once :? :? :? :?
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:28 pm

kenn1320 wrote:
buckle on the stand :? :? :? :? :?

Your stand is held to the tree with the same strap/buckle as each stick. 8-) If not covered, it can swing and hit the stand or a stick that is on the tree and clank.

oooo ya ya ya ok i got ya kenn, i was confused for a second , yes l also put them on them to ...ALL of the buckles
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Zap

Unread postby Zap » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:33 pm

kenn1320 wrote: Your stand is held to the tree with the same strap/buckle as each stick. 8-) If not covered, it can swing and hit the stand or a stick that is on the tree and clank.

I have found if you put the buckle end on the stand/stick first it makes it alot easier to be quiet.
"Forged in fire lit long ago. Stand next to me and you will never stand alone".
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:19 am

Zap wrote:
kenn1320 wrote: Your stand is held to the tree with the same strap/buckle as each stick. 8-) If not covered, it can swing and hit the stand or a stick that is on the tree and clank.

I have found if you put the buckle end on the stand/stick first it makes it alot easier to be quiet.

bingo ........ ;) 8-)
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
kenn1320
500 Club

Unread postby kenn1320 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:10 am

I tried that before the innertube and it was noisier. I could only hold the stick or the buckle, not both at the same time. I would hold the stick and try to reach around with the strap and the buckle would clank. Maybe now that they are covered it wouldn't be an issue? I sorta use the weight of the buckle to pitch the strap around the tree on some of the bigger tree's I cant fully reach around. I hug the tree as best I can, then lightly swing the buckle and when I can grab it, I'm good to go.
"Its about taking the right shot at the right time with good equipment." Dan Infalt

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”