nebraska

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

buckhunter31

nebraska

Unread postby buckhunter31 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:28 pm

I am thinking about planing a scouting trip this spring to nebraska. I would like to go to the north central part around the niobrara river. I am wondering if anybody has any advice for going out there. It would be on all public land.

wmihunter

Re: nebraska

Unread postby wmihunter » Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:32 pm

Friends have gone t se Nebraska state land with ok success. Shot a few 2 yr olds...

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
JakeJD
500 Club

Unread postby JakeJD » Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:05 pm

I cannot vouch for the deer hunting up on the Niobrara, but you will see some of the most beautiful parts of the state (also NW corner).

Since I was a little kid, I have turkey hunted near Spencer. The deer seem pretty small body wise compared to Central NE where I hunt. I did find a 140 class 10 pointer dead this spring (seemed like a tiny little body for such large antlers).
"In the deed, the glory"
rudy78
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=716176610

Unread postby rudy78 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:17 am

I've hunted the Southern part of the state and done pretty well over the years, but the pressure down there gets worse every year so I would say you are better off going North like you are. There are some big tracks of public land up & I'm sure there has to be some good bucks if you put the work in & find them. If I was to go out there & start over, I would head up there not the Southern part.
Full Access- Rom. 5:1-2

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”