End of the season what do you hope to have accomplished?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Buckfever
500 Club

Re: End of the season what do you hope to have accomplished?

Unread postby Buckfever » Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:11 pm

I have my sets picked and lanes cut for next year. I have a target buck that so far has made it. My sets are really high, so I need to get some preliminary sighting in from up high before seasons end as I have no place to shoot from that high once the season is over.

Z7WIBoy

Re: End of the season what do you hope to have accomplished?

Unread postby Z7WIBoy » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:07 am

Zap wrote:
Z7WIBoy wrote:For me it is not what I accomplished but I learned as I just wrapped up my season tonight and eating all my tags. I learned that ladder stands suck and mobility is key. Burning out a 60 acre private makes for a bad season. Scouting has to be on list for next year. Will try again to kill my first buck with a bow. I did put the leg work and sweat into the 60 acres I just burned so next I have to either save it for me or take my son who will six. I can say I did accomplish taking my son who is 5 now out hunting and getting him excited about now hunting to the point that he want to retire his little Fred bear recurve and get a compound like daddy. All in all an exciting season just had to swallow my tags!!!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Too bad.....what state do you hunt?

I live in Western WI - Prairie Country. My private land is NW WI in Washburn County my avatar is the buck I chased this year on the private land and he has made it and nobody bows hunts late season up there. Next year I will move next to the doe bedding spots for rut as this is a rut funnel - I think
red dots are ladder stands
Platinum PETA Member
(People Eating Tasty Animals)

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”