Milkweed

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Bowhunting Brian
500 Club

Milkweed

Unread postby Bowhunting Brian » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:47 am

when do you guys collect this stuff? do you have to let it dry or anuthing before you use it as a wind floater?

dreaming bucks

Re: Milkweed

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:57 am

here is a link to where we talked about this before...... If you do a search at the top for milkweed, you will find other comments on it also.....

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7892&p=81775&hilit=milkweed#p81775
Milk Weed Seed
500 Club

Unread postby Milk Weed Seed » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:54 am

You can use cattails as a good back up and they can be picked today! Just grab the top of the cattail and break it open in the house right after your wife has vacuumed standing in front of a fan helps :lol: Don't do that you'll be a dead man very quickly!!! I use a old 35mm film canister to hold them works well...... If you have a puffer bottle and use a milkweed or cattail at the same time, you'll laugh at how ineffective the puffer bottle is. If you bring kids hunting with you it's a great activity to keep them focused too... They see air current move and helps them learn how important playing the wind is.
[glow=red]Happiness is only a gut pile away[/glow]
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:55 am

any ware from aguest to october ;)
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
wmahunter
500 Club

Unread postby wmahunter » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:33 am

dandelion seeds work just as good. I wait and pick the seeds in the afternoon when they are all dried and ready to fly with the slightest wind.
dreaming bucks

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:44 am

wmahunter wrote:dandelion seeds work just as good. I wait and pick the seeds in the afternoon when they are all dried and ready to fly with the slightest wind.

I may be wrong, but it seems to me that the milkweed is the lightest and bouyant seed out there. They will hang in midair with no wind for the longest time..

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”