Lonewolf assassin

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

bullzi25

Lonewolf assassin

Unread postby bullzi25 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:50 am

Does anyone hunt out of one. Just trying to get some input on it. Looks like it would be great for run and gun hunting. Thanks
JJ

BigHunt

Re: Lonewolf assassin

Unread postby BigHunt » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:56 am

first off welcome to the beast .........

and yes i have two of them working on the thrid .....i acutally sold all my other stands to buy my lonewolfs ill never go back...for public or privet its the way to go i would recamend some uncle lous stealth strips from stealth outdoors .com

there very light quiet.....perfect stand for crooked trees
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Zap

Unread postby Zap » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:03 pm

BigHunt wrote:first off welcome to the beast .........

and yes i have two of them working on the thrid .....i acutally sold all my other stands to buy my lonewolfs ill never go back...for public or privet its the way to go i would recamend some uncle lous stealth strips from stealth outdoors .com

ASSASIN not assault.....
"Forged in fire lit long ago. Stand next to me and you will never stand alone".
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:05 pm

Zap wrote:
BigHunt wrote:first off welcome to the beast .........

ASSASIN not assault.....

:lol: opps... any way its a good stand no matter what your looking for but for use i cant say ive never used one and i dont get the concept
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Zap

Unread postby Zap » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:13 pm

I used the platform with a treesaddle........was not for me.
muddy

Unread postby muddy » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:20 pm

I think the assassin is hard to hunt out of and that goofy harness is a pain. I suggest the alpha or assault.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
http://www.iowawhitetail.com
Leading the way for habitat and management information

"It's a good thing you don't need commas and colons to kill deer" -seaz
Brad

Unread postby Brad » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:28 pm

I too would go with the assault over the assassin, not much heavier and way easier to use.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:34 pm

Welcome to the BEAST. 8-)
I helped Brad Kuhnert ( the inventor ) with some of his proto-type machining and got to play with the stand a little. Its not for me, but I am not into the tree saddles and such... Brad shot some incredable bucks and he uses it a lot. He is one of the few, maybe the only guy to have shotten two bucks over 200 inches in Wisconsins northwoods.
For mobile hunting, or "run & gun" as you called it, I prefer the Alpha hang-on and sticks, some of the guys like the slightly smaller and lighter Assault and sticks.
bullzi25

Unread postby bullzi25 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:36 pm

Thanks guys I have plenty of assualts and alpha hang ons paired with sticks but thought this would be 1 more thing to add to the . I have some of these little pain in the but bush style trees along this creek in between three fields i call it the golden triangle and them bush style trees would allow me to be in the middle of cover and around 4-6 ft off the ground. I think this platform would work excellent in these places.
Zap

Unread postby Zap » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:39 pm

Welcome to the sight............er......site....... :lol:
Brad

Unread postby Brad » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:40 pm

Zap wrote:Welcome to the sight............er......site....... :lol:

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :mrgreen: :lol:
bowhunter15
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/DIY-Spor ... 3136327062

Unread postby bowhunter15 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:54 pm

I must be the only one on here who loves the assassin! I shot my biggest public marsh buck out of an assassin 6 feet off the ground. Its light for long carries, and you get used to the saddle/harness. It gets a little uncomfortable after 3 or 4 hours, and the only time I much prefer the assault is an all day sit.

It has one HUGE ADVANTAGE over conventional styles like the assault or alpha imo. That is, you can stay hidden much better. If you position yourself behind the tree, you need to make extremely little movement to grab the bow and release an arrow, and the bulk of your shape is obstructed. I've even had deer come from the side very close and not see me standing there. I think the fact that your whole body, and especially feet, are so close to the trunk the deer are more likley to associate you as a natural occurance (large branch) than a big blob sticking out from the tree (unnatural). Who knows if that's true or not but I don't think I've ever been picked off in it.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:18 pm

Welcome to the Beast. If I were you I'd check one out from someone that owns one, before biting the bullet.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
venisonassassin
500 Club

Unread postby venisonassassin » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:25 pm

I own one. I shot a buck out of it the first time I started hunting in tight on bedding areas, which was shortly after I discovered the marsh bucks video. I used to pack the whole systam in a backpack. For hunts longer than a couple hours it got uncomfortable, I felt I wanted to sit for awhile but couldn't.
Brad

Unread postby Brad » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:29 pm

If you already have the other stands and sticks, might not be a bad tool to have, what I meant in my post above was I would go with a different stand over that as a primary stand. Another thing worth having is a good climber too.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”