Whatcha gonna do?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

UntouchableNess
500 Club

Re: Whatcha gonna do?

Unread postby UntouchableNess » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:17 am

Spysar wrote:Dude....His name is really Lurch???

You admitted burning bridges with him. AND what you are saying is based in rumor.

Your best plan is shoot every deer you see? C'mon man! That's rediculous...

If laws are being broken, and deer are being poached, call the game warden. But don't make a fool of yourself unless you know its true.

If you really wanted to correct the situation, you have to man up and talk to "Lurch".

Sounds like you have a case of sour grapes, and I'd like to hear Lurches side of the story....just giving you an honest reply.

Lurch is what everyone in the area calls him, honest. There is a back story on the burned bridge that I'd rather not go into. Suffice it to say I doubt he wants to talk to me (or would listen for that matter).

Yes, a case (or truckload) of sour grapes. And I can't call the CO with rumors (I guess I could if I wanted to get laughed at).

I'm not going to shoot every deer I see, everyone else is already doing that with the liberal license quotas. :doh: The herd in the area has been reduced to mid '80's level. I'm betting that next year there are gonna be a lot of disillusioned/disappointed hunters. That's fine with me, sort out the fair weather hunters from the avid.

Spysar
500 Club

Unread postby Spysar » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:55 am

I'm glad your not going to shoot every deer you see. :mrgreen:

I do understand your pain, and if what is rumored is true it's not right.

What are the chances of starting a friendly conversation about the blind? And letting Lurches son hunt it as an olive branch? Might pay off :?:
A buck will see you three times, and hear you twice, but he's only gonna smell you once.
UntouchableNess
500 Club

Unread postby UntouchableNess » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:09 am

Spysar wrote:
What are the chances of starting a friendly conversation about the blind? And letting Lurches son hunt it as an olive branch? Might pay off :?:

I believe that everyone has the right to enjoy their property. When I saw the blind placed too closely to my buildings, I "put myself in it", meaning that if it was my property I would want to hunt it. When I saw him and his kid out there, I knew I made the right decision not calling the CO/Sheriff. Granted, I hope he teaches his son somewhat better ethics, but they are my neighbors, for better or for worse.

I'm guessing the property will be leased next year. Don't get me started on leasing. :angry-cussingblack: :lol:
Bucky

Unread postby Bucky » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:27 am

If it was me... my plan would be to sell and move :?: This is the exact reason I would have problems investing 100s of thousands of dollars into a chunk of land... tillable acreage prices are through the roof right now :P
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear
UntouchableNess
500 Club

Unread postby UntouchableNess » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:30 am

Bucky wrote:If it was me... my plan would be to sell and move :?: This is the exact reason I would have problems investing 100s of thousands of dollars into a chunk of land... tillable acreage prices are through the roof right now :P

I've been toying with that idea. ;)

The price of land is about 5X what we bought the property for, so I could roll ag land into a better deer hunting property........
Bucky

Unread postby Bucky » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:35 am

UntouchableNess wrote:
Bucky wrote:If it was me... my plan would be to sell and move :?: This is the exact reason I would have problems investing 100s of thousands of dollars into a chunk of land... tillable acreage prices are through the roof right now :P

I've been toying with that idea. ;)

The price of land is about 5X what we bought the property for, so I could roll ag land into a better deer hunting property........

Exactly ;)
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear
Rutnstrut
500 Club

Unread postby Rutnstrut » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:51 pm

How good looking is his wife? :L: Maybe that's the bridge you burned already. :lol:

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”