'Warmbag' Camo

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

lavazhole

'Warmbag' Camo

Unread postby lavazhole » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:53 am

My wife is going to sew me up a 'warmbag' this off-season.

I'm a die hard predator fan and was going to get some fall gray. When looking for the fabric I found sticks n'limbs....

Anyone ever use sticks n'limbs camo?

Thanks for the feedback!

kenn1320
500 Club

Re: 'Warmbag' Camo

Unread postby kenn1320 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:50 am

Im a big fan of ASAT, but Predator is good also. Anytime I have tried to make a product and I mean ANYTIME, it ends up costing me more then I could have bought it for. Add up all the materials before you start, let us know how it goes. I was thinking the same thing as you, then I started looking into the wind blocker material, camo, some sort of insulating material, zippers, etc. Heck I even thought why not just get a carhart coverall that was 2x to big and cut the sleeves off and sew the shoulders shut. In the end you end up with something that would work ok, likely not as good, for the same or more then you could have bought it. Just look at the swing set I built my kids last year. I could have bought a kit from china cheaper, and the bad part is those kits use wood from the good old USA.
"Its about taking the right shot at the right time with good equipment." Dan Infalt
lavazhole

Unread postby lavazhole » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:59 am

kenn1320 wrote:Im a big fan of ASAT, but Predator is good also. Anytime I have tried to make a product and I mean ANYTIME, it ends up costing me more then I could have bought it for. Add up all the materials before you start, let us know how it goes. I was thinking the same thing as you, then I started looking into the wind blocker material, camo, some sort of insulating material, zippers, etc. Heck I even thought why not just get a carhart coverall that was 2x to big and cut the sleeves off and sew the shoulders shut. In the end you end up with something that would work ok, likely not as good, for the same or more then you could have bought it. Just look at the swing set I built my kids last year. I could have bought a kit from china cheaper, and the bad part is those kits use wood from the good old USA.

A guy I work with had his wife make him one and it is fantastic so we are going to use that pattern! I used it yesterday and it whipped my gww stuff for sure. I was almost too hot in the thing. They used asat and thinsulate 150 w/ a wind blocker fleece for the inner liner. Total cost was $155 for his. I think mine will be around $200. Wolfskin was $15 a yard for predator...I could find the sticks n'limbs for $8....couldn't find asat :(

I'm going with insultex and comfortmax ($8 yd and $15 yd).

You need 5 yards of everything you use...I'm ordering 6 of everything...just in case!

I will post as it progresses...need to get the materials rounded up or should I say the money.

I should have bought one when i was single like my GWW stuff :)
Beason
500 Club

Unread postby Beason » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:10 am

Where can you buy the Predator wolfskin fabric? GWW? Predator website? I've been looking for this...
Rutnstrut
500 Club

Unread postby Rutnstrut » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:53 pm

If I remember right Sticks and Limbs is similar to ASAT. ASAT is my favorite camo, and a very effective camo. I also like Predator, both break up your outline better than most other camo on the market. Before you go through all the cost and labor of making your own, check the classifieds on Archery Talk. Just last week they had a few Warmbags in ASAT on there for very good prices.
lavazhole

Unread postby lavazhole » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:50 pm

jack_4mn wrote:Where can you buy the Predator wolfskin fabric? GWW? Predator website? I've been looking for this...

From GWW...

I'm new here...don't know the no no's on links:

http://www.sticksnlimbs.com/
NightwishMike
500 Club

Unread postby NightwishMike » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:53 pm

lavazhole wrote:I will post as it progresses...need to get the materials rounded up or should I say the money.

I'd like to see that. I am very interested in a "heater body suit" type setup.
kenn1320
500 Club

Unread postby kenn1320 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:16 pm

Hey Lavazhole, not to hijack your thread but I just found the IWOM and if your wife is good at sewing you owe it to yourself to check this parka out and maybe make your suit more like it, then a warm bag. My size is $400, which is pricey, but wow is it cool!
"Its about taking the right shot at the right time with good equipment." Dan Infalt
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:27 pm

Good info.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
kenn1320
500 Club

Unread postby kenn1320 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:31 pm

Sorry, forgot the link to the IWOM.

http://www.iwomouterwear.com/product/iwom
lavazhole

Unread postby lavazhole » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:00 pm

Thoughts on the sticks n'limbs?
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:12 pm

looks good to me it alomost looks like predaor camo
HUNT LIKE A BEAST

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”