Any one hunting the antlerless hunt

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

BigHunt

Any one hunting the antlerless hunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:09 am

good luck to all beast members on this weekends hunt ...im taking jodi out for the last time this yaer hopefully she can roll one over tommarow ....

HUNT LIKE A BEAST
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Any one hunting the antlerless hunt

Unread postby dan » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:11 am

Im not participating... We don't have enough deer to begin with. And who wants to go out for just does?
Mountain Man
500 Club

Unread postby Mountain Man » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:24 am

I won't be going out. I don't think I've ever participated in the Dec. anterless hunt.

I do think that if an area can stand some more doe kills that this is a good time and opportunity to get a new and/or younger hunter out for some experience.
Zap

Unread postby Zap » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:29 am

I have three more doe tags to fill with the bow on one property here in Kansas, before January 31.

Landowner wants em dead and I want to hunt that property in the future.

A hunt is what you make it....getting a close shot on a group of doe can be a challenge, but definately easier than an older buck.
"Forged in fire lit long ago. Stand next to me and you will never stand alone".
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:40 am

dan wrote:Im not participating... We don't have enough deer to begin with. And who wants to go out for just does?

personaly im not hunting ill be scouting ;) ....but i do want jodi to get out and shoot one so shes has a good experiance with hunting
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:31 am

Zap wrote:I have three more doe tags to fill with the bow on one property here in Kansas, before January 31.

Landowner wants em dead and I want to hunt that property in the future.

A hunt is what you make it....getting a close shot on a group of doe can be a challenge, but definately easier than an older buck.

thanks for the heads up :lol: :lol: :lol:
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:32 am

dan wrote:Im not participating... We don't have enough deer to begin with. And who wants to go out for just does?

I agree. If I do go out it will be just to do some scouting not killing. The fact that they are even having this antlerless season makes me sick. When will the slaughter end? I understand some units are over goal but most are not yet they still want them killed. We as hunters are the only ones that can stop this madness by refusing to do what they want.
If your unit has plenty of deer more power to you. I would be out too if that was the case.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:42 am

maby this thread was a bad idea ....... :?
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:56 am

BigHunt wrote:maby this thread was a bad idea ....... :?

Your intentions were good BigHunt! :) Dont feel bad about your post.

Sorry for the rant but that's just how I felt about the antlerless slaughter going where it is obvious the deer population is struggling.
I feel bad for first time hunters when they have a hard time just seeing a deer.

goldtip5575
500 Club

Unread postby goldtip5575 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:28 am

no the nieghbors killed enough.
Black Squirrel
500 Club

Unread postby Black Squirrel » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:54 am

We have a good population where I hunt. I saw 8 does and fawns Wednesday night with the muzzle loader. I will take the boy and let him shoot a doe if a shot presents. Could use one for the freezer.
goldtip5575
500 Club

Unread postby goldtip5575 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:09 am

Dewey wrote:

I agree. If I do go out it will be just to do some scouting not killing. The fact that they are even having this antlerless season makes me sick. When will the slaughter end? I understand some units are over goal but most are not yet they still want them killed. We as hunters are the only ones that can stop this madness by refusing to do what they want.
If your unit has plenty of deer more power to you. I would be out too if that was the case.

If you do go scouting be sure no one else is out.I wouldnt want you to drive or bump a doe or worse a nubbie to someone else
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:17 am

goldtip5575 wrote:
Dewey wrote:

If you do go scouting be sure no one else is out.I wouldnt want you to drive or bump a doe or worse a nubbie to someone else

Good point. Lately the last few years very few participate in the antlerless hunt anymore. Just to make sure I will go scouting during the Packer game and watch it later.

Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:21 am

I never like to kill any buck producers. I did arrow a doe on January 10th 1988 last second of the season, though. I know the numbers are way down this year compared to the last few years. My taxidermist says he is at about half from last year. Some from the economy and some from the reduced numbers.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
adrenalin
500 Club

Unread postby adrenalin » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:37 am

I'm gonna go for a buck tag in cwd for next year.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”