7 wolves killed illegally during gun hunt. (WI)

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

mrjbigfoot
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MikeRTJohnson

Re: 7 wolves killed illegally during gun hunt. (WI)

Unread postby mrjbigfoot » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:22 pm

If you read the article, it sounds like they're keeping pretty good track and that they're are more being killed, in summer months, etc.. but if they're original goal was a sustained population of 350 and it's now close to 800, it definitely sounds like they're a day late and a dollar short on getting a wolf season opened sooner.. And definitely that folks have taken it into their own hands but even with the total amount they say have been killed illegally since 2006, it in no way, shape or form closes the gap between the 350 they wanted and the 800 they have..

BackWoodsHunter
500 Club

Unread postby BackWoodsHunter » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:41 pm

I like the way the article is worded to me it kind of implies that the state DNR could give a rip about a few wolves dying. Step in the right direction!
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind." Fred Bear
john1984

Unread postby john1984 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:55 pm

I wonder how many wolves would be shot if they had just a 2 day season on them, a 2 day wolf season starting opening day of the 9 day gun deer season.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:58 am

Personally, I dissagree with most views posted. The law is the law. Are wolf populations getting to high? Yes. Everyone agrees with that, even the DNR. Laws are made for a reason... Sometimes good reasons, sometimes on emotional or irrational bias. However, we look as bad as the Anti hunters who break laws and do what ever they want... I know I have heard of them trying to kill people to save animals, poisening hunting dogs, and shooting cattle during gun season to get hunters blamed and farmers to stop granting permission...
To them, and to the non-hunters who care about wildlife, we look like a bunch of redneck idiots and set up a perception of all hunters by doing these crimmanal acts, and by talking about them on the open internet as if its ok to do what ever you feel like even if its against the law...
I do think there should be a wolf season, and wolf numbers should be controled. I would agree that we should work towards getting the laws changed, and getting seasons implimented. Taking the law into our own hands just puts us one step backwords and gives others ammo against us, and helps them to establish a bias towards hunters in general.
kenn1320
500 Club

Unread postby kenn1320 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:43 am

X2 I see threads get locked out cause somebody thinks conversation between several posters is getting "hostile", please. Then I see a thread full of who gives a crap about the law, shoot wolves and not even a warning from the mighty moderator. :roll:

As for opening a season on the wolves, I had read there are 2 different species of the wolves in Michigan and its extremely hard to tell em apart. Because of that, you will likely not see a season unless both species are put on and that likely wont happen anytime soon. I dont know jack about wolves, so what I read might be wrong.
"Its about taking the right shot at the right time with good equipment." Dan Infalt
BackWoodsHunter
500 Club

Unread postby BackWoodsHunter » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:49 am

kenn1320 wrote:X2 I see threads get locked out cause somebody thinks conversation between several posters is getting "hostile", please. Then I see a thread full of who gives a crap about the law, shoot wolves and not even a warning from the mighty moderator. :roll:

As for opening a season on the wolves, I had read there are 2 different species of the wolves in Michigan and its extremely hard to tell em apart. Because of that, you will likely not see a season unless both species are put on and that likely wont happen anytime soon. I dont know jack about wolves, so what I read might be wrong.

I also read that there are cross breeds of coyotes and wolves now. The theory is a young male wolf is booted from the pack and wanders around finding a mate and all he can find is a coyote. So they do their thing and end up with coywolves....so what would the rule be on them do you think?
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind." Fred Bear
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:07 am

X2 I see threads get locked out cause somebody thinks conversation between several posters is getting "hostile", please. Then I see a thread full of who gives a crap about the law, shoot wolves and not even a warning from the mighty moderator.

There is a big differance between a discussion about wolves, or breaking laws, and people getting hostile between each other in posts. If its someones opinion that its ok to shoot wolves regardless of law, well thats there right to have that opinion and share it. However, we have not, and will not, tolerate forum members picking on or at each other... I think thats what makes this forum great. I really dislike other forums where people are just waiting to jump on others who post questions or opinions. I am not letting this forum go there. And this topic does not go there.
swamp-assassin
500 Club

Unread postby swamp-assassin » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:43 pm

i am responsible for much of the "hostility" in this thread...i have to apologize...i am extremely frustrated with the direction of this country and i take my venting over the edge sometimes....i will try to watch it because this site is awsome and i dont want to be the one who takes away from it
"Youll take my guns when you pry them out of my cold dead hands, with the bolts locked back, the barrels smoking and a pile of empty brass and magazines at my feet." Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”