Favorite state

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Uncle Lou

Re: Favorite state

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:55 pm

Only hunted 7 states and if you add fishing I could add at least another 10. Have been across this great country quite a bit and only 7 states haven't seen me and I flew over a few of them.

Favorite state to hunt would probably be in the west, because I love the mountains and love elk, but wouldn't want to live there. Been in Michigan for over 20 yrs and love the diversity of the land and the diversity of the game you can chase. The UP is unbelievable. MI is probably near top 5 for turkey populations, we have elk, moose, bear, 1.5M deer, etc. Oh and those great lakes are pretty dang cool, especially, if you like fish or waterfowl.

I wouldn't have stayed here for 20 yrs if it wasn't my favorite all around state. Easy OTC tags and some of the best prices for Non Resident Deer. And if anyone wants a challenge for hunting pressured deer, you wont find a finer challenge.

Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
Straightshot

Re: Favorite state

Unread postby Straightshot » Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:22 am

I've only hunted in Michigan and Ohio so I would have to go with Ohio. Southeast Ohio has some pretty diverse land and has huge blocks of public land so its easy to get off the beaten path and do some exploring. Next year I'm hoping to add either Missouri or Nebraska to the list. Will likely be taking a spring scouting trip out that way in the spring to see how it looks on the public land.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”