Iowa Zone 3 ?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

keb
500 Club

Iowa Zone 3 ?

Unread postby keb » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:32 pm

If you have hunted bow hunted zone 3 recently, how may points did it take you to draw.

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Iowa Zone 3 ?

Unread postby dan » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:52 am

I think the zone I used to hunt was 4... By the town of Creston and over near the town of Red oak. The 1st year I applied I got drawn. Then it took two years the next time I drew... I have heard its taking 3 years and sometimes 4 now for nonresidents to get drawn.
On a side note, I intended to hunt some public down there and even stayed at some $30 a day hunting cabins on some public land but every where I went farmers were inviting me to hunt there land.
If anybody hunts down that way, I don't anymore, let me know and I will show you where all my action was.
keb
500 Club

Unread postby keb » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:46 am

Thanks for the info.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
James
500 Club

Unread postby James » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:58 pm

Iowa posts all lottery results year to year by zone. So you can see exactly how many points each area takes on average. A very few unlucky guys have 4 points in some of the popular areas like 9. I have 3 points right now and am fairly confident in drawing in any unit I apply for.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”