How many different parcels of land do you hunt ?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Casper
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/casper.kohlnhofer

Re: How many different parcels of land do you hunt ?

Unread postby Casper » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:07 pm

10+ private parcels. I never totaled up the acreage but its over 1500. I dont have any of it to myself though.

The Healthy Herd Pro Staff
rudy78
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=716176610

Unread postby rudy78 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:02 pm

In MI I have 3 pieces (30, 40, 70 acres). 2 of the I hunt with my dad & stuff th other is only me & onlly bow hunting.
In IL I have 1 piece that is 270 acres.

[ Post made via Palm ] Image
Full Access- Rom. 5:1-2
Schultzy
500 Club

Unread postby Schultzy » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:42 am

This Is something I lack. This year I gained some private ground to hunt (25+ acres). So far this year I've hunted 3 different parcels. One Is public and the other 2 are private. The 2 private parcels get by far more hunting pressure (not just from me). I've got permission to hunt another private piece but I'm not to crazy about It. I was there early this summer doing some scouting. It's about 15 acres In size but you can see right through the woods. To me It's not much of a hang out for bucks to live. However I could see bucks cruising through here checking doe's. Problem Is I can't hunt It at all during the rut. Minnesota's gun season Is In the middle of the rut and there's a group of yahoo's from the cities that hunt It then so I'm not allowed In there during the gun season.

Most of the public ground around here gets slammed bad by pheasant hunters. Bow hunting on public ground around here after pheasant season opens Is tough. Prior to the pheasant season I think a person could have some success possibly.
Dor
500 Club
Facebook: Chris Dornack

Unread postby Dor » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:56 am

Varies every year, but I have enough spots that I could hunt a different one every time and not run out of areas. Obviously some are better than others. I have zero property that only I can hunt.

Call The Footed Shaft to order Kwik-Straps 507-288-7581 or order at the kwik-strap.com
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:00 am

I hunt three primary spots two of which are 4 hrs away in different directions. One is close to home 3 miles. I used to hunt more areas but have learned never to hunt a junk spot to fill in a hunt.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
Kodiakman
Forum Executive Chef

Unread postby Kodiakman » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:41 am

Private- 6

Public- Lots

But both are varied in what I hunt on them. I should also note that while I say 6, only one is of any notable size. Most are little fingers of wooded and low land inbetween crop feilds. And some have no deer on them at all, just rabbit treelines and goose fields.
It's not a problem, it's a opportunity for a solution.
Zap

Unread postby Zap » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:44 am

AMAP...

As many as possible.
"Forged in fire lit long ago. Stand next to me and you will never stand alone".

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”