My season continues as it started...

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

addisonlee

My season continues as it started...

Unread postby addisonlee » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:24 am

During the WI archery season I shot and missed a doe at 25yds due to a small branch. Didn't see it, until the arrow deflected off it and over the doe's back.

Fast forward to the WI gun season, opening day seen four running full speed, no shot. Second day, was texting a buddy when a doe walks right up behind me at 10yds! Needless to say I was on the ground in the brush anticipating the deer to walk out in front me and missed my shot at this does as well. :doh: Now to Wednesday, watching a bedding area I see a doe walking out of the area but not in my shooting lanes. :doh: I wait for an small opening at 100yds, squeeze the trigger and missed. :doh: Now to the last day of the Wi gun deer season, I've hunted all day and was heading back to the car at 4pm. I look out into the open field and spot two does feeding. Yes my time to take one down. I take aim at the bigger doe at 100yds, squeeze and missed both of them! :doh:

The weekend before the gun opener I was shooting 3inch groupings at 50yds, 5inch groupings at 100yds and 200yds with my 12gauge pump with a scope. I'm confident in my gun, just not my luck. lol

Me 0 < 5 Deer

Staying positive since my season doesn't end until Jan. 31 (metro). It's been a long exhausting but interesting season.

Here's a few pics I'd thought I'd share from my in season scouting during the WI gun deer hunt. Enjoy.

BigHunt

Re: My season continues as it started...

Unread postby BigHunt » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:30 am

nice looks good .....im also scouting to day in a bit

nice rubs ..do you have any plains on getting on these deer next year if not still this year
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
addisonlee

Unread postby addisonlee » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:34 am

BigHunt wrote:nice looks good .....im also scouting to day in a bit

nice rubs ..do you have any plains on getting on these deer next year if not still this year

I plan to set up on the buck bed atleast once this late season given the right conditions, as well as some others. Still have all my tags, so I'm staying hopeful things will play out for me this late season.
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:36 am

addisonlee wrote:
BigHunt wrote:nice looks good .....im also scouting to day in a bit

I plan to set up on the buck bed atleast once this late season given the right conditions, as well as some others. Still have all my tags, so I'm staying hopeful things will play out for me this late season.

sounds like a good plain ....good luck with him and the rest of your season 8-)
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
NightwishMike
500 Club

Unread postby NightwishMike » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:33 am

Good Luck. Looks promising.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”