best late season rubber boot

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

wmihunter

best late season rubber boot

Unread postby wmihunter » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:01 pm

What is the most durable and comfortable late season rubber boot? Ive only gotten about 2-3 years out of my cabelas comfort trac 2000g boots.
I am looking into purchasing lacrosse http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/product. ... RRWidgetID

what are everyones experiences with their boots?

BigHunt

Re: best late season rubber boot

Unread postby BigHunt » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:03 pm

nice ive got the 1500 thickness

lacross is all i use
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Jalen99
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/GwinnBaller50

Unread postby Jalen99 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:16 pm

Muck Boots. Lots of talk about them here viewtopic.php?f=21&t=10374
I once saved a dead puppy with just a smile.
swamp-assassin
500 Club

Unread postby swamp-assassin » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:17 pm

i too am in the market for a good late season rubber boot...looking into the lacrosse alpha burly 1500gram in mossyoak treestand
"Youll take my guns when you pry them out of my cold dead hands, with the bolts locked back, the barrels smoking and a pile of empty brass and magazines at my feet." Image
kenn1320
500 Club

Unread postby kenn1320 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:49 pm

I dont wear rubber boots for late season, haven't found any that keep my feet warm. I wear rocky boots, sorry dont recall the model. Are you wearing rubber boots for going thru water, or for scent purposes? I used to wear them for scent reasons, but there are so many scent molecules coming off your body, that the type of boot you are wearing likely makes no difference.
"Its about taking the right shot at the right time with good equipment." Dan Infalt
swamp-assassin
500 Club

Unread postby swamp-assassin » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:52 pm

i know for me i wear rubber boots for water..i hunt in a swamp..even late season there may or may not be solid ice...i use absolutely no kind of scent control whatsoever except for the wind and careful planning
"Youll take my guns when you pry them out of my cold dead hands, with the bolts locked back, the barrels smoking and a pile of empty brass and magazines at my feet." Image
wappkid
Facebook: Brian Stucker

Unread postby wappkid » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:52 pm

Under Armour has a new rubber boot out looks very comfy. Don't know much about them though. Can't go wrong with the La Cross either.
Beason
500 Club

Unread postby Beason » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:42 pm

i buy cheap ones from sportsmansguide.com they've lasted quite awhile..
Chasman

Unread postby Chasman » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:11 pm

I have had a pair of Muck Boots Woody Max for going on 4 years now. I hunt pretty hard and wear them almost the entire deer hunting season including gun. I have used them during the late archery also. In my opinion they are worth the high price. If its cold, cold say below 10 or 15 degress with a base layer and a good wool sock I can sit for 3 hours.

What I like the most is the comfort factor. The neoprene uppers and the good traction sole along with how light weight they are sold me. They almost feel like I am wearing a tennis shoe. Feet do sweat some in high activity and warmer temps.
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:39 am

swamp-assassin wrote:i too am in the market for a good late season rubber boot...looking into the lacrosse alpha burly 1500gram in mossyoak treestand

got them.... and they work wonders
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
AB_Vinny

Unread postby AB_Vinny » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:32 am

We have had snow up here in Alberta for a few weeks now and I upgraded my boots. It was -32 celcius 2 weekends ago but it has warmed up since thank goodness. Anyway I usually wear Boggs in warm weather but found they do not work in cold since I have uninsulated ones and the grip is minimal (need more grip since ground is now frozen). I usually wear a heavy Sorel boot but they are awful for walking since bulking and don't hug your foot.

So last weekend I got Irish Setter 1200gr boots from Cabelas and they are fantastic. Same feel as Bogg/Muck but with huge grips. However they are more pricey. They look something like this: Swamp Ghost
rack addict
500 Club

Unread postby rack addict » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:03 am

I dont think there is such a thing as a warm late season rubber boot. I have the 2000 gram thinsulate ones from cabelas and if it gets 30 degreese or less my toes freeze!!! Thats even layering my socks.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:09 am

rack addict wrote:I dont think there is such a thing as a warm late season rubber boot. I have the 2000 gram thinsulate ones from cabelas and if it gets 30 degreese or less my toes freeze!!! Thats even layering my socks.

I agree! When the temps get below 30 degrees I switch to my Irish Setter Snow Claws. To me rubber boots are pretty much worthless when everything freezes over and it is time to switch to a true cold weather boot.
Casper
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/casper.kohlnhofer

Unread postby Casper » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:12 am

I've had muck and lacrosse. Muck win hands down for me. Muck are prob the most comfortable rubber boot and they are really durable. I'd never buy lacrosse again.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
The Healthy Herd Pro Staff
swamp-assassin
500 Club

Unread postby swamp-assassin » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:40 am

rack addict wrote:I dont think there is such a thing as a warm late season rubber boot. I have the 2000 gram thinsulate ones from cabelas and if it gets 30 degreese or less my toes freeze!!! Thats even layering my socks.

thats good to know...i know i need rubber boots for hunting part of late season..the swamp dont freeze until its really cold and then you dont need rubbers..but before it freezes, i still find 40 and below to be real cold

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”