How expensive is leasing land ?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

UntouchableNess
500 Club

Re: How expensive is leasing land ?

Unread postby UntouchableNess » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:00 pm

As a landowner, this is an interesting thread.......
Thanks for sharing.
;)

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:50 am

One other comment I will make is that I travel to hunt near where you live ( Dreaming bucks )
and hunt the public land... Its so underpressured with such nice bucks I often laugh and say its like haveing a free lease... You might want to check out the public land ;)
dreaming bucks

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:21 am

dan wrote:One other comment I will make is that I travel to hunt near where you live ( Dreaming bucks )
and hunt the public land... Its so underpressured with such nice bucks I often laugh and say its like haveing a free lease... You might want to check out the public land ;)

Ya, I hear what you are saying Dan, I guess I need to look more into that also. I was just thinking that if I got a lease, I could be the only one hunting it, which would be sweet.....
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:27 am

$20-30/acre is the going rate for an annual lease is south central WI. The price drops as you move north. It also drops as the acreage and duration of the lease increases.

I don't lease, but I spend a good amount of money driving to properties open to the public. I've often contemplated getting a decent lease closer to home thinking I would recover the cost in fuel.

Then again, I love the satisfaction of success on public.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”