Predator Cameras

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Z7WIBoy

Predator Cameras

Unread postby Z7WIBoy » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:02 am

After watching Dan's video and researching Predator cameras - what you recommend for a camara since Predator cameras are bankrupt and not selling them any more?

Platinum PETA Member
(People Eating Tasty Animals)
Brandon
500 Club

Re: Predator Cameras

Unread postby Brandon » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:10 am

I recentley bought 2 of this small cameras and Im happy with them so far.

Nice to have AA batteries, and small is always good. My limit was 100 bucks, you can find these new for as cheap as $80...

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/262805 ... ixel-black
You can't kill em on the couch
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:36 am

Most of the cheaper infrared cameras night time pictures are not very good. If the subject matter is moving the pictures are blurry at night. If used on a bait station you would be ok. If used on a trail not so much. The day time pictures are acceptable with most of the cheaper trail cameras. I would keep this in mind when determining what camera to buy. The more expensive Reconyx camera would be a great camera to own but they are very proud of these cameras evidenced by price.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
Schultzy
500 Club

Unread postby Schultzy » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:20 am

Bushnell 466C. I love my Reconyx cams but these Bushnells are a fine little camera as well. Their In the neighborhood of $200.00.
Z7WIBoy

Unread postby Z7WIBoy » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:39 am

Yeap the cheaper they are the blurrier they get. As you can see from my avatar this guy looked right at the red light on the camera - $100 Wild Game one and below forty degrees the batteries last 3 days max and 4 D batteries are not what I call cheap anymore. Does the Bushnell have visible IR lights that deer can see? How is the battery life in the cold?
Platinum PETA Member
(People Eating Tasty Animals)
rack addict
500 Club

Unread postby rack addict » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:43 am

Personally after all the experiences Ive had I would go with dlc covert cams. They have a few different ones for lower budget and the higher end. There cameras are outstanding on battery, trigger, and quality. The only thing better than there camera's are there customer service. I had an issue with one I sent it in and in less than a weeks time had a brand new one at my door. And this was only about 3 weeks ago so obviously a busy time of the year. They were a pleasure to talk to and they make sure you are taken care of.
Schultzy
500 Club

Unread postby Schultzy » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:15 am

Z7WIBoy wrote:Yeap the cheaper they are the blurrier they get. As you can see from my avatar this guy looked right at the red light on the camera - $100 Wild Game one and below forty degrees the batteries last 3 days max and 4 D batteries are not what I call cheap anymore. Does the Bushnell have visible IR lights that deer can see? How is the battery life in the cold?
Yep, the 466C Is a black flash. The IR lights are barely there. Much less glow then your regular IR cams. Battery life so far Is outstanding. This winter will be It's 1st cold experience. I have no doubts It will be fine but I'll let you know for sure.
rudy78
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=716176610

Unread postby rudy78 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:51 am

rack addict wrote:Personally after all the experiences Ive had I would go with dlc covert cams. They have a few different ones for lower budget and the higher end. There cameras are outstanding on battery, trigger, and quality. The only thing better than there camera's are there customer service. I had an issue with one I sent it in and in less than a weeks time had a brand new one at my door. And this was only about 3 weeks ago so obviously a busy time of the year. They were a pleasure to talk to and they make sure you are taken care of.

These get my vote as well.
Full Access- Rom. 5:1-2

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”