Andrae Got 2

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Liberty-Hunt
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/liberty.hunt.188

Re: Andrae Got 2

Unread postby Liberty-Hunt » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:49 pm

Waoww cool bucks!

"Huntingly",
L-H

GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH!
GRFox
500 Club

Unread postby GRFox » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:52 pm

DEERSLAYER wrote:
dan wrote:The 1st one scores 170 4/8... Gonna be close after drying.

The second one is a cull buck... I hunted that cull buck 4 years ago. I have some video of it.
It was 9 years old. He said he wishes he wouldn't of shot it. I told him I wish he didn't shoot it too, cause I really wanted to hunt him again next year... He litterly has pictures of it from every year he has owned the land. Picture don't do it justice... The mass on that thing is incredable.
Thats the only picture of it he took of the "cull" buck... He said he was getting mad at it cause it was busting up all the racks on his shooter bucks, and even at 9 1/2 he was with does the whole rut! Not the norm for sure...
When I hunted him he was a mature 7 pointer... I saw him coming thru a pasture on one side of the property one day so I ran around with the truck to a spot a 1/4 mile away I figured he would pass thru and what you know? Right after setting the stand he topped the horizen and I almost got him but he passed by just out of range...
Funny how peoples opinions are different, I would of passed his 170 4/8 buck for a chance at his "cull" buck... 8-)

I hear you there Dan! Huge body, dark rugged looking rack with incredible mass and 9 1/2 years old!!! What an incredible trophy!

I'm actually surprised he shot that 170". I thought that was a cull buck for him. :lol:

dan wrote:
BCam wrote:Thats awesome! 9 years old... [glow=red]I wonder how many years that thing had left[/glow], sounds like it was still getting around good...? Thing looks like a cow!

Me too... From what we read, it always sounds like 8 or 9 is about as old as they get, but from what I have seen tells me different. We had a legondary buck that lived in the marsh behind my house years ago that everyone was after. One guy had almost all the bucks sheds and at 9 1/2 when a local hunter shot it, it had the highest scoring rack ever.

From what I have read from research papers they live 10-12 years in good big woods habitat. I would think it's even longer in an ag area, but I'm not sure. I have also seen studies where bucks antlers kept getting bigger as they got into their later years. I have seen there biggest
racks come as late as 9 1/2 (a pet), but those were
penned deer.

I think in the wild that a buck wouldn't have the teeth to eat the right things and eat enough to grow his best rack at 9.5, that's probrably why you hear most peopele sa
y 6 or 7 max. What they eat in the pens I suspect would be softer and more palatable than say, acorns, hard corn and so on. Just a thought tho...im no expert.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
JRM6868
The Terminator

Unread postby JRM6868 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:44 am

Cull buck all the way for me. Age surpasses score for me.Congrats to Andrea and his son on three great bucks.
wibowhntr

Unread postby wibowhntr » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:16 am

Thanks for sharing...two great bucks!
NightwishMike
500 Club

Unread postby NightwishMike » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:31 am

Looks like that "cull" buck would have grown cannons up there next year... WOW
wibow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/jon.j.justice

Unread postby wibow » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:41 am

Both great animals,that cull buck is too cool, the rut stories he coulda told...lol thats a true warrior rack there,funny how he was busting up all the racks with the boys he sparred and fought.
Brad

Unread postby Brad » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:14 pm

They are both awesome bucks, but that cull buck is awesome, you gotta love the character of his rack, if that old boy could talk I bet he has some stories!!!! :clap:
lynchpin

Unread postby lynchpin » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:56 pm

Both buck are great.. but the call buck is something you don't see to often. Thanks for sharing... can't wait to see more pictures.
go DEEP or go HOME
Josh

Unread postby Josh » Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:09 pm

Ya, Dan you gonna have some more pictures of these deer? Any pictures of Cody's deer?
swamp-assassin
500 Club

Unread postby swamp-assassin » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:20 pm

CarolsCritterCare wrote:Image

are you sure thats not a moose!? :lol: :lol: id clap that cull buck before i would the other one...but wow..that andrae has a serious skill
"Youll take my guns when you pry them out of my cold dead hands, with the bolts locked back, the barrels smoking and a pile of empty brass and magazines at my feet." Image
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:56 am

All in a days work...

Awesome deer :clap:
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
Spysar
500 Club

Unread postby Spysar » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:36 am

How disrespectful to call that buck a "cull".
A buck will see you three times, and hear you twice, but he's only gonna smell you once.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:46 am

Josh wrote:Ya, Dan you gonna have some more pictures of these deer? Any pictures of Cody's deer?

I am sure at some point he will send me a pic of Cody's buck. The pick of the cull buck is the only one he took.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:11 am

Josh wrote:Ya, Dan you gonna have some more pictures of these deer? Any pictures of Cody's deer?

dreaming bucks

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:00 am

Spysar wrote:How disrespectful to call that buck a "cull".

:roll:

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”