gun hunting shacks ? pics ?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

dreaming bucks

gun hunting shacks ? pics ?

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:09 am

Anybody gun hunt out of a shack they made or bought ? I will bowhunt out in the elements, but I like to spoil myself for gun hunting with a roof over my head. I don't have pics right now, but I. Will after I go out & check on it tomorrow night.
Anybody have any pics of their setups ?

[ Post made via Android ] Image

swamp-assassin
500 Club

Re: gun hunting shacks ? pics ?

Unread postby swamp-assassin » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:49 am

from one of the spots i hunted this year i can see a half mile across the swamp and someone on the edge of the private boundary has a 100 foot steel tube with a house on top of it..
"Youll take my guns when you pry them out of my cold dead hands, with the bolts locked back, the barrels smoking and a pile of empty brass and magazines at my feet." Image
Black Squirrel
500 Club

Unread postby Black Squirrel » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:10 am

swamp-assassin wrote:from one of the spots i hunted this year i can see a half mile across the swamp and someone on the edge of the private boundary has a 100 foot steel tube with a house on top of it..

You serious, he is hunting a 100 feet high? :shock:
swamp-assassin
500 Club

Unread postby swamp-assassin » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:22 am

Black Squirrel wrote:
swamp-assassin wrote:from one of the spots i hunted this year i can see a half mile across the swamp and someone on the edge of the private boundary has a 100 foot steel tube with a house on top of it..

You serious, he is hunting a 100 feet high? :shock:

yes.. he has a atv trail cut about 10 yards off the public boundary that runs about 2 miles north-south..his guard tower is right on the road.. ive walked up to the boundary and snapped a pic...when i get off work ill try to post it..its insane...he can probably see the entire swamp. it literally looks like a guard tower... im not sure what it is made from..its about the size of a barn silo, but its some kind steel..there is a shack sitting on top of this tube thats about 10 x 10....its the craziest thing ive seen...not even sure if you can call it stand.
"Youll take my guns when you pry them out of my cold dead hands, with the bolts locked back, the barrels smoking and a pile of empty brass and magazines at my feet." Image
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:09 am

Sorry to get off topic but wasn't the DNR talking about taxing these luxury deer stands at one time?

Whatever happened to this? I haven't heard anything since last year.
NightwishMike
500 Club

Unread postby NightwishMike » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:14 am

I would like to see a pic of that. I wonder if he "hunts" with a spotter and everything? lol
Gardner Swamp
500 Club

Unread postby Gardner Swamp » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:52 am

Here's my Home!!

swamp-assassin
500 Club

Unread postby swamp-assassin » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:19 am

Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:47 am

Wow that is crazy Swamp Assassin!! That guy should put blinking lights on that thing so it's not hit by low flying aircraft!! :lol:

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
cornfedkiller
500 Club

Unread postby cornfedkiller » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:49 am

Wow..that thing is ridiculous..
swamp-assassin
500 Club

Unread postby swamp-assassin » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:51 am

i could see it from my stand over a half mile away
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:04 am

At what point do you stop calling it hunting and instead call it cabin shooting??? :lol:

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:11 am

:shock: :shock: :lol:
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
dreaming bucks

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:42 am

wonder how they got it up there ? crane ? :?
Brad

Unread postby Brad » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:18 pm

WOW! That thing is outrageous! I just have my old 15 foot ladder stand in the old honey hole, but this year I put my tree lounge up the hill from me about 50 yards because last year the deer kept sneaking by in the brush and I couldn't see what they were until it was too late. This year I will be sitting in the lounge and comfy happily waiting for the parade to begin! It is the only way I can see myself using the treelounge, way to heavy to bowhunt from, but when I can put it out a few weeks in advance and be comfy all day, thats another story, I just hope my pillow is comfy!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”