BowHunter Success Rate

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Chasman

BowHunter Success Rate

Unread postby Chasman » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:54 pm

As bowhunters and deer hunters we have to put the animal we hunt above our own personal goals and expectations. I know that the use of a stick and string is an effective way to harvest an animal. We all know that the fine line between a quick clean harvest and the possible loss of the animal can be razor thin. I am not here to cast blame or doubt on any of us, for I have had the horrible feeling of not recovering an animal also. On the flip side the respect and honor of the Whitetail should be upheld from the opening day until the close of the season. Friends and fellow hunters as the season winds down don't let the lack of success or opportunities of harvesting an animal cloud your judgement the moment one does arrive. I have no problem eating that buck tag. Just take a moment to think back to September and all the fundatmentals and practice that go into a good shot. A season you might think is bad because of not shooting a buck, would only be worse if you did not recover a animal you shot at.

rack addict
500 Club

Re: BowHunter Success Rate

Unread postby rack addict » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:04 am

I dont think you could have said that any better Chasman! very good reminder its easy to get frustrated when the chips are down.
BigRed

Re: BowHunter Success Rate

Unread postby BigRed » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:36 am

Chasman wrote:As bowhunters and deer hunters we have to put the animal we hunt above our own personal goals and expectations. I know that the use of a stick and string is an effective way to harvest an animal. We all know that the fine line between a quick clean harvest and the possible loss of the animal can be razor thin. I am not here to cast blame or doubt on any of us, for I have had the horrible feeling of not recovering an animal also. On the flip side the respect and honor of the Whitetail should be upheld from the opening day until the close of the season. Friends and fellow hunters as the season winds down don't let the lack of success or opportunities of harvesting an animal cloud your judgement the moment one does arrive. I have no problem eating that buck tag. Just take a moment to think back to September and all the fundatmentals and practice that go into a good shot. A season you might think is bad because of not shooting a buck, would only be worse if you did not recover a animal you shot at.

Well said and a great reminder. Hard to believe late season is quickly approaching, and only month and a half left.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”