done with the Rage head

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Casper
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/casper.kohlnhofer

Re: done with the Rage head

Unread postby Casper » Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:08 pm

Hey Muddy, try tying some dental floss or really light fish line over the middle of the broadhead so they wont open early. When it hits the animal the line will get cut. Ive shot two coyotes and my buck with the G5 T3's. Working great so far, coyotes ran a total of 10 feet and buck went 40-50 yards.

The Healthy Herd Pro Staff
mdnabors

Unread postby mdnabors » Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:43 pm

muddy wrote:Rage heads cost me 2 shots today on does. I had 2 big fat slickheads come in and when I got my bow back the arrow jumped a little in the rest, not much, just a fraction from pulling the string back so fast due to a cold shoulder. The arrow jumped and the blades popped open on my riser shelf. Had to let down and try to put them back into the rubber band, by the time it was over, the slicks were gone. I was pretty annoyed so I switched arrows to my other Rage.

Later I had 5 dinks trying to gang a doe and she zigged up under me, I got drawn back and as I was swinging around trying to get on the doe the other Rage did the same thing.

Now I know I had great luck with the first one but the other two in the package have just shoved it up my tail pipe. I will likely use them just to get them used but I will NEVER own a Rage head again.

I hear ya Muddy. I couldn't stand the O-ring at all. Either it popped off or dry-rotted and the blades always flopped around and made crazy noise. I switched the Grim Reapers and haven't looked back. They are an awesome head and have the chisel tip like a Muzzy. Can't beat that. All pass thrus since I've started using them and the 2" Razortip is just sick! Sorry for your back luck

Edit: Just read where you have Reapers too! Good choice my friend. I also have the new Grizz Trick 2's in my quiver for a nanny trial this year ;)
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference"
rack addict
500 Club

Unread postby rack addict » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:49 am

thats the main reason why I switched I hate having to constantly check to make sure the blades are locked in. I went to g5 striker and those have worked awesome for me. They fly awesome and definatly do the job.
Buckfever
500 Club

Unread postby Buckfever » Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:32 am

,didn't cost me a shot but I have a similar thing deployed in the field I'm going back to fix ed
heads I just ordered montecs

[ Post made via Android ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”