Hit one this morning

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

muddy

Re: Hit one this morning

Unread postby muddy » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:50 am

Don't give up. My buddy one lunged/livered one last Thursday and he stumbled across it Sunday and it was still alive. He got a couple more arrows into it to close the deal... 3 days later.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

http://www.iowawhitetail.com
Leading the way for habitat and management information

"It's a good thing you don't need commas and colons to kill deer" -seaz
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:52 am

If the description of your shot is exact, you should have hit guts, liver, a lung and punctured the diaphragm. That is a dead deer. 36 yards is sometimes tough to see exactly where the arrow hit. You got enough arrow into him at 3/4 of an arrow. I think you will find this buck.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:26 pm

A lot of the deer I have tracked that were liver hit, were found in water... 2 years ago I got a call to track a deer for a guy, and determined it was liver hit right away, we had no exit and not hardly any blood. After we searched a while without turning up anything, I searched all the water ways and found it floating in a pond... My advice would be to search nearby water.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”