Hunting Update

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

kwaldeier
500 Club

Hunting Update

Unread postby kwaldeier » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:42 am

Well after my last thread i have been hunting twice with my new tactics with good success :) Day 1 i walked 600 yards, 300 of it with the walk 2 steps and stop for 5-10 seconds unless i heard something. I left the camera arm and camcorder at home as well because of the hassel. I seen 5 does, a 4pt and about a 125-130 class buck at first light behind 2 does. Had him at 20 yards but he didnt scream "SHOOT ME NOW" So i took in the view 8-) After that I had 3 does come in and bed down 30 yards away :o I was blown away! I also watched their bedding tactic and was pretty impressed. 2 does were on one side of the ditch(Lower Side) and the oter on the higher(ASbout 5ft higher going uphill). The lone doe looked down over the other 2 does while they looked behind her. So instead of looking outwards(Like i always thought they did) They looked inward but still had everything covered. Also none of them the wind in their back or front, but a side wind. Learing experience! Also very impressed with my predator camo, first time i got to use it and wow, looked right through me every time!!!Walked away epty handed :( Went out today and about died lol Leaves were so much crunchier and the ground was so hard. Also i had about a 50 ft straight up hill to climb with fresh frost on snow :shock: I was pretty pumped because on the way i could hear some chasing action. Crunch crunch crunch grunt grunt :dance: Ended up seeing 10 tom turkeys,a 4pt,6pt 2 does and a yote and also pulled my 2 camera before rifle season. This is from the spot i hunted 8 hours prior...Slow down big fella :o

Good Mass for a youngster :)

Bob tailed 10 pt

He will be really nice next year if he doesnt brake off the other side again!

Shot in youth season :clap:

Nice

Edcyclopedia

Re: Hunting Update

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:48 am

You sound invigorated as you should - good luck
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
cwoods
500 Club

Unread postby cwoods » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:11 am

Nice update! Some great bucks your onto.
DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:23 am

kwaldeier wrote:...The lone doe looked down over the other 2 does while they looked behind her. So instead of looking outwards(Like i always thought they did) They looked inward but still had everything covered...

That is normal with does, but when bucks bed together they don't look at each other.

Which predator camo did you get?
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral
kwaldeier
500 Club

Unread postby kwaldeier » Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:54 pm

Fall Grey :) Worked so great! Trying it on the ground tomorrow...Not sure how that will go lol

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”