funnels or buck bedding tommorow?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

swamp-assassin
500 Club

funnels or buck bedding tommorow?

Unread postby swamp-assassin » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:32 pm

ok i need some help! i am hunting a large public swamp and I think the deer are pretty much doing all their rut activity at night. my reason for thinking this is i have not seen anything yet. also i dont think the swamp is holding alot of deer this year because of a food source issue. but i know there are some big bucks bedding in the middle of the swamp. so my dillema is this...should i continue to hunt the funnels in the swamp where i have seen alot of activity in the past? or should i use the snow to my advantage and try to set up on a mature buck bedding area?

"Youll take my guns when you pry them out of my cold dead hands, with the bolts locked back, the barrels smoking and a pile of empty brass and magazines at my feet." Image
BigHunt

Re: funnels or buck bedding tommorow?

Unread postby BigHunt » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:07 pm

ive been shining perty much every night and been seeing alot rut activity chasing and stuff like that
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Hunter74

Unread postby Hunter74 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:50 pm

I think I would try setting up on the buck bedding because I've seen more and more things the last few years that lead me to believe that the mature bucks in pressured areas don't really cruse for or chase does at least not during daylight unless the doe bedding is close to there bedding or in there core area were they feel safe

[ Post made via Android ] Image
swamp-assassin
500 Club

Unread postby swamp-assassin » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:59 pm

Hunter74 wrote:I think I would try setting up on the buck bedding because I've seen more and more things the last few years that lead me to believe that the mature bucks in pressured areas don't really cruse for or chase does at least not during daylight unless the doe bedding is close to there bedding or in there core area were they feel safe

[ Post made via Android ] Image

thats what im thinking...the sign tells me that big bucks are bedded in the middle of this swamp far away from food and does, and they do it for security..so why would they just abandon that during the rut? i think they are moving at night only...i think i will use the snow tommorow to try and set up on one of these areas where i think a buck is bedded.
"Youll take my guns when you pry them out of my cold dead hands, with the bolts locked back, the barrels smoking and a pile of empty brass and magazines at my feet." Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”