Scouted yesterday, hunting today!

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

sticknstringarchery

Scouted yesterday, hunting today!

Unread postby sticknstringarchery » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:05 am

So yesterday the wind wasn't right to hunt my big 8 point again. It will be tomorrow though and I can't wait. I took some time to scout a small portion of the 15 acres I just got access to hunt a couple weeks ago. What I found was awesome. The branch the runs the entire length of my property runs right into a creek that borders the back end of it. I scouted this area and found a nice bedding area that is about 2 acres total. The bank of the branch and creek are about 6feet high and almost straight up. I found 3 routs (that look like dirtbike ruts) they take up the branch embankment. One goes to the bedding area, one goes to the pasture and the other cuts back to the creek and runs along the ridge of the bank. We (me and my wifes uncle) logged this area two springs ago thus creating this awesome bedding area now that it has grown up. Unfortunately we took out almost all of the good climbing trees so there is only one good one but, a good one it is. The wind is perfect for it today so when I get out of school, I am going to walmart to get something blaze orange (my neck warmer may be a little to warm today) so that I will be 100% legal to hunt and then its off to pack my lunch and hit the stand.

I will let everyone know how it goes later.

Zap

Re: Scouted yesterday, hunting today!

Unread postby Zap » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:08 am

Keep at it buddy. 8-)
"Forged in fire lit long ago. Stand next to me and you will never stand alone".
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:05 am

Keep us posted.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
forgehunter
500 Club

Unread postby forgehunter » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:33 am

good luck... let us know how it goes!
Cancer can take away all of my physical abilities. It cannot touch my mind, it cannot touch my heart, and it cannot touch my soul.
Don't give up. Don't ever give up.
Jimmy V.
BackWoodsHunter
500 Club

Unread postby BackWoodsHunter » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:28 pm

Hopefully you're tracking one right now 8-)
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind." Fred Bear

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”