Buck in Ridge...How to set up on him?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

AB_Vinny

Buck in Ridge...How to set up on him?

Unread postby AB_Vinny » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:41 am

I think I have figured out where a big boy now beds and I have seen where he come out into a field from a wooded ridge, but I need advice for setting up on him. He is on a north-facing slope (well slightly NE) and about 1/4-1/3 from top of hill. River is below. Slope is forest and top of hill is farm field. There is one part of the ridge that bulges out to south into the field so he comes out on west side of bulge. I am trying to set up as not to get winded (predominately west wind) and so he doesn't catch my thermals. He is one clever SOB, but I guess that's why he has lived so long.

BigHunt

Re: Buck in Ridge...How to set up on him?

Unread postby BigHunt » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:18 pm

well hes bedding on a south ...southeast southwest wind .......whats the elevation on the land can you show a map or ariel
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
AB_Vinny

Unread postby AB_Vinny » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:02 am

BigHunt wrote:well hes bedding on a south ...southeast southwest wind .......whats the elevation on the land can you show a map or ariel

I can't figure out how to attach a pfd for image in this forum. The "imageshack" link is blocked for me.
AB_Vinny

Unread postby AB_Vinny » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:46 am

BigHunt wrote:well hes bedding on a south ...southeast southwest wind .......whats the elevation on the land can you show a map or ariel

Let's try this: http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/attachments/whitetail-deer-hunting/18420d1314280701-finding-buck-beds-satellite.pdf
and this topo http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/attachments/whitetail-deer-hunting/18419d1314280174-finding-buck-beds-topo.pdf

The spot I am referring to is the tree line that bulges out into the field in the middle of the red outlined box I made. Note that tree line is a slope down to the river.

Also the other morning before sunrise I saw 3 bucks head north into the tree line but on the far east side (by the edge of the red box).

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”