Public marsh morning hunts

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

adrenalin
500 Club

Public marsh morning hunts

Unread postby adrenalin » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:29 am

I'm thoroughly convince it's a waste of time regardless of time of year. Sat dark till dark yesterday and saw my first deer at 4:30. Friday night saw 7 in the typical last 20 minutes of light right up against the bedding area. To top off my frustration some retard on a cell phone came out of the marsh talking to his buddy about all the buck sign and when he got about 15 yards from my tree I whistled and flagged him down. He got all pissed off cuz I heard his conversation and told me I better not leave my stand up or he'll steal it and call the warden on me. :lol: I just laughed as he walked away.

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Public marsh morning hunts

Unread postby dan » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:51 am

Mornings can be good during the rut, but in the marshes around here its generally the 1st 30 minutes of light that produce. Not the 9am till noon that you see in the hill country or some farm land.
bowhunter15
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/DIY-Spor ... 3136327062

Unread postby bowhunter15 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:33 am

I've had great luck in mornings on the marshes I hunt. I would even say its better for me. Especially come gun season and late season. Guess it varies place to place

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:13 am

dan wrote:Mornings can be good during the rut, but in the marshes around here its generally the 1st 30 minutes of light that produce. Not the 9am till noon that you see in the hill country or some farm land.

Yep....pretty much the same here. You might catch a few late getting back to bedding but it's pretty much over in the first 1/2 hour. Depends on hunting pressure I guess.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:20 am

adrenalin wrote:I'm thoroughly convince it's a waste of time regardless of time of year. Sat dark till dark yesterday and saw my first deer at 4:30. Friday night saw 7 in the typical last 20 minutes of light right up against the bedding area. To top off my frustration some retard on a cell phone came out of the marsh talking to his buddy about all the buck sign and when he got about 15 yards from my tree I whistled and flagged him down. He got all pissed off cuz I heard his conversation and told me I better not leave my stand up or he'll steal it and call the warden on me. :lol: I just laughed as he walked away.

That guy sounds like a real idiot!! :shock:

The other day in a public marsh I had a guy "still hunting" and ended up standing right at the base of my tree! Couldn't believe he didn't see my climbing sticks even though I was well hidden in a multi trunk tree. It was mid-day so I didn't say anything cause I wanted to see how long it would take him to notice me but he never did. Funny thing is the guy didn't even have a backtag on! :? Glad he moved on after a few minutes.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”