Thoughts while hunting...

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Edcyclopedia

Thoughts while hunting...

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:53 am

Do you ever notice as light fades in your tree stand that the little tweety birds come bye to sing you a little song - OR IS IT JUST ME?

When do the ticks hibernate?
We have already had a dusting of snow once and then another 3" last Sat/Sun (still patches in the woods) and pulled about 8 off tonight - those little boogers give me the creeps. Lyme disease is a scary omen with a few friends having it - they unfortunately suffer relapses occasionally. Once it's in your blood you own it for life. The first 48 hours are crucial to getting antibiotics!!!

Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Re: Thoughts while hunting...

Unread postby Stanley » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:05 pm

Ed; normally the colder weather puts those stinking ticks to bed for the winter. I hate ticks also.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
adrenalin
500 Club

Unread postby adrenalin » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:35 am

Stanley wrote:Ed; normally the colder weather puts those stinking ticks to bed for the winter. I hate ticks also.

Not true, last weekend it was 20 degees in the mornings where we were hunting, and between 4 of us without exaderation we pulled 200 ticks off. This year is rediculous. Yesterday hunting near home all day in the marsh not a one. Just the area sometimes.
Hodag Hunter
500 Club

Unread postby Hodag Hunter » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:43 am

Ticks suck. Haven't see one around these parts in a while. We really haven't had snow but a few nights in the 20's?

Thinking about a big breakfast now in the stand. We didn't eat crap for dinner last night but split a small pizza.

[ Post made via BlackBerry Curve ] Image
VA5326

Unread postby VA5326 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:26 am

Ticks suck. I've had the little tweetie birds do that once or twice to me.
If you want to kill a deer you have to be in the woods.
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:45 am

adrenalin wrote:
Stanley wrote:Ed; normally the colder weather puts those stinking ticks to bed for the winter. I hate ticks also.

Not true, last weekend it was 20 degees in the mornings where we were hunting, and between 4 of us without exaderation we pulled 200 ticks off. This year is rediculous. Yesterday hunting near home all day in the marsh not a one. Just the area sometimes.

I said normally meaning not emphatically. Where I hunt there are many ticks and the colder weather is nothing like June or July.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:49 am

very very very good listening .......during my hunt this past week i would say that 5-6 nights out of 9 i had that happen to me
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
sticknstringarchery

Unread postby sticknstringarchery » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:35 am

Woodpeckers!! I had I know 5 different of these little guys come in around me within 10yd on my evening hunt yesterday. It was pretty neat to see them at work.

Also had rabbits running around under me along with the normal squirrels. First time I have had rabbits playing around me while in a tree. It was fun to watch.

Ticks were really bad this summer but, I haven't had any encounters with them in a good 3 months. mosquitoes have been quite elusive also.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”