Video of Bucks Sparring

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Hodag Hunter
500 Club

Video of Bucks Sparring

Unread postby Hodag Hunter » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:10 pm

Buck activity is starting to heat up in northern WI. Just checked the cameras in the backyard (5) in total. And bucks started showing as of 11-3-11.

One camera is on a mini clover plot and Dan left it on video when he borrowed them for his bear hunt. Well there a natural scrape made on the plot so 2 weeks ago I hung a camera here. Tons of video and this morning early was 2 bucks fighting. One is a dink 2.5 year old and the other is a 4.5 year old I know well. He is only in the 120's or low 130's at best and shows every year at about this time. I have one spot I can intersect him but it's very tricky getting in with out blowing other deer out. Land is surrounded by private except this little area and then he heads for my backyard.

By the time he hits my yard its almost always way past dark. He showed on another camera checking a mock scrape too.

Thanks dan for leaving that one cam on video.....I rarely set the cams to that but now have 2 clips of a nice light buck fight.

I would post it but no internet here yet......

[ Post made via BlackBerry Curve ] Image

Wrinkleneck
500 Club

Re: Video of Bucks Sparring

Unread postby Wrinkleneck » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:24 pm

Thats cool!!! I hope you can get a chance to get in there and get a crack at him!!! Good Luck!!
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:50 pm

I have 3 bucks sparring on a game camera. I had some 5 or 6 sparring matches on the one camera.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:22 pm

Sounds pretty exciting/promising Mr. Hodag!!!
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”