Rut activity at night only, why ?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

dreaming bucks

Rut activity at night only, why ?

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:24 am

Been talking to a bunch of friends that say the action during the day has been really slow here in SW Wisconsin. Some of the guys have been out shining at night though, and have seen all kinds of mature bucks chasing doe's around....

What factors would you guys say makes these bucks chase only at night ? Is it cooler temps at night, or human pressure during the day ?

Hopefully it picks up here in the next couple days, but I know they are calling for the wind to pick up this weekend, that probably don't help either, but I have the next 4 days to hit it hard on all day sits, I hope the big boys are on their feet during the day. I would think after the rain we had all day yesterday, they would be up and moving today ? I'm hoping for good reports from friends today...

cornfedkiller
500 Club

Re: Rut activity at night only, why ?

Unread postby cornfedkiller » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:26 am

dreaming bucks wrote:Been talking to a bunch of friends that say the action during the day has been really slow here in SW Wisconsin. Some of the guys have been out shining at night though, and have seen all kinds of mature bucks chasing doe's around....

What factors would you guys say makes these bucks chase only at night ? Is it cooler temps at night, or human pressure during the day ?

Hopefully it picks up here in the next couple days, but I know they are calling for the wind to pick up this weekend, that probably don't help either, but I have the next 4 days to hit it hard on all day sits, I hope the big boys are on their feet during the day. I would think after the rain we had all day yesterday, they would be up and moving today ? I'm hoping for good reports from friends today...

Have a friend that hunts western wisconsin, and he told me pretty much the same thing..not much action during the day, then while shining at night, they are seeing big slobs chasing does all over the place..
Brandon
500 Club

Unread postby Brandon » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:42 am

I thought thats how it was everywhere.... every year... :?
You can't kill em on the couch
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:49 am

I have been seeing the same thing. Check out the Rut Reports thread. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9866

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
whitetail007
500 Club

Unread postby whitetail007 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:23 am

hunting pressure and being mature they know it only safe after dark. there will be a period when they will be up moving during the day. last year november 2 was hot for me, this year i was out tracking a deer on the 2nd and seen 3 differant bucks up moving between 1 and 3 in the rain. tonight should be prime for some good buck activity. gotta get some things done around the house and then im heading out.
I BELIEVE IN PEACE.........THROUGH SUPERIOR FIREPOWER!
goldtip5575
500 Club

Unread postby goldtip5575 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:39 am

How about does in standing corn during day
dreaming bucks

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:45 am

goldtip5575 wrote:How about does in standing corn during day

No corn left standing by me....

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”