Need opinion: Muck Boot vs Alpha burly

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

cornfedkiller
500 Club

Re: Need opinion: Muck Boot vs Alpha burly

Unread postby cornfedkiller » Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:46 pm

I really cant compare one to the other, but me and my girlfriend both have the burleys and are very happy with them. She recently poked a hole in hers somehow, and I called Lacrosse and they were more than willing to have me send them in and they said they'd take a look at it and see if they could warranty them. After informing them that it wasnt a worksmanship or materials issue, they said they would just send me a repair kit free of charge. After getting the kit, I tried it and wasnt that impressed with how well it worked, so I think Im just gonna try a tire patch on it and see if that works.. Ive sent them a couple emails asking questions about various things and have always got a prompt reply.

I guess the moral of my story is that their customer service is awesome. To me, a company's customer service is almost as important as the quality of their product..I have no experience with Muck products (although I havent heard anything bad) or their customer service, in my experience, Lacrosse's customer service gets an A+.

Donut

Unread postby Donut » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:33 am

I would still recommend the muck boots over the Alpha burly, but it depends one which type of muck boot.
Here a list of muck boots that I would feel conformable telling people about:

http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/muck- ... 6_527.html
dirt nap giver

Unread postby dirt nap giver » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:30 am

Have used both. Muck didn't last a year due to thickets I walk through. So I switched to LaCrosse an they only made it a year as well. Switched to Rangers this year. Paid $79 for them and am quite impressed. I just don't see the sense in spending 129+ for boots that only last a year.

The neoprene on the muck boots tore in less than a month.
LaCrosse split in 6 months just from walking a lot
Potato/patato in my opinion

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
hard work trumps talent, when talent fails to work hard
backstraps

Unread postby backstraps » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:36 am

I have both. The Alphas are "okay" imo

I have the Woody Max and Field Blazers in Muck. They Woody Max are my favorite boots ever. I am not sure the terrain you hunt.. The neopreme may not be the better choice in marshes? I have never been in a marsh.
ONE UP

Unread postby ONE UP » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:44 am

Alphas. Once they start stinkin i use them for icefishing or concrete pours.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
PLB
500 Club

Unread postby PLB » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:16 am

backstraps wrote:I have both. The Alphas are "okay" imo

I have the Woody Max and Field Blazers in Muck. They Woody Max are my favorite boots ever. I am not sure the terrain you hunt.. The neopreme may not be the better choice in marshes? I have never been in a marsh.

How do you like the Field Blazers Tony? I got a pair for Christmas but haven't tried them out yet.

Obsession Bows
Lone Wolf Alpha and sticks
backstraps

Unread postby backstraps » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:26 am

Public Land Beast wrote:
backstraps wrote:I have both. The Alphas are "okay" imo

How do you like the Field Blazers Tony? I got a pair for Christmas but haven't tried them out yet.

I use the field blazers quiet a lot. I use them during turkey season when its muddy and wet for sure. Early bow season they do not seem to sweat my feet either. The thing I would change on the design if it were up to me is the grip on the sole portion of the boot. Since they are somewhat a mud boot, wish they had more bite to them. However, I have used these for two hard seasons, and they still look new.

I have freinds that use the mucks and fold the top half down when taking them off to make it easier to put on. I do not do this. I know the extra tension folding them up and down wears them out way too fast.

When these Field Blazers finally wear out I will for sure buy another pair unless Muddy has improved them with another boot with a better sole, then I will try them instead :)
solocam88
500 Club

Unread postby solocam88 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:00 pm

Muck over alpha burly hands down. I had always worn burly and thought they were a good boot... they arent even in the same league.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Rubline

Unread postby Rubline » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:22 pm

I also have the Muck Woody Max and would recommend them. Really like the ankle support.
See this post started back in 2010, Wonder what the originator picked?

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”