To Cull or not to Cull?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Schultzy
500 Club

Re: To Cull or not to Cull?

Unread postby Schultzy » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:31 am

Doe's have bad genetics too. Problem Is no one will ever know which doe It Is. On my land I've got two 4.5 year olds that aren't that good of bucks for their age, specially the one 4.5 year old. One will go In that 125 Inch range and the other In that 115 Inch range. I like Inches so It wouldn't hurt my feelings none If both of these bucks get shot this year If I don't get one of them myself.

sticknstringarchery

Re: To Cull or not to Cull?

Unread postby sticknstringarchery » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:09 am

Bucky wrote:http://www.outreachoutdoors.com + QDMA forums are a good start

What type of ground do you have tillable/timber. High ground or low... it all depends. What do the neighbors have? Water and bedding cover to me are the most important ingredients to keeping deer on your property during shooting hrs....

I have about 45acres between my 30 and the other 15 that but up to mine that is family owned. Probably 10 acres are a comgintaion of around 4 that our house and trailer sits on and the other 6+-acres are old grown up pastures. It has a spring that runs right through the middle of the woods down to a creek that boorders the back (south) of the property.

Below is a pic of it. It is outlined in red. Everything above the green line is where I can easily plant food plots. The old pasture to the south and the ome to the north east tis where I plan on planting my big food plots next year.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”