Know CWD

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Carol
Site Admin

Know CWD

Unread postby Carol » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:26 am

Saw this billboard driving down i-94

HUNT HARVEST HELP

http://www.knowcwd.com/

his site is dedicated to presenting information about Chronic Wasting Disease (CWD) in Wisconsin.

CWD was first detected in Wisconsin in 2002 when three deer taken by hunters near the village of Mount Horeb, about 10 miles southwest of Madison, tested positive. At the time, little was known or understood about the disease or its management. In an effort to prevent CWD from spreading to the rest of the state, the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources took an aggressive approach by attempting to drastically lower the deer herd in a radius around where the infected deer were harvested for the purpose of disease eradication. That approach failed due in-part to negative backlash from the public and hunters’ unwillingness to harvest more deer; and also because the disease was later found to have already spread over a larger area.

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then!

Some People Need a Shock Collar!
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Know CWD

Unread postby dan » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:30 am

If you look at the bottom on the webpage, guess what? Its run by the Wisconsin DNR

Don't you just love the way they blame hunters?

That approach failed due in-part to negative backlash from the public and hunters’ unwillingness to harvest more deer
DropTyne
500 Club

Re: Know CWD

Unread postby DropTyne » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:16 pm

They actually run television commercials in Sauk County for this website. :roll: I believe Matt Kenseth or Some other Wisconsin Nascar driver is the spokesperson. I could not believe it when I first saw the commercial. To think that instead of my license/tax dollars being used to increase public land opportunities or used to help soundly manage the deer herd they are wasting it on this sham.......

Shame on the DNR.
DROPTYNE

"Obsessed is a Word the Lazy Use to Describe the Dedicated"

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”