Keith "KLEMZ" Stummer | E-Scouting Master Class, Navigation Tips and Big Woods Tactics for Big Bucks | Episode 24 | G4BO

• Advertisement

HB Store

seazofcheeze
500 Club

Keith "KLEMZ" Stummer | E-Scouting Master Class, Navigation Tips and Big Woods Tactics for Big Bucks | Episode 24 | G4BO

Unread postby seazofcheeze » Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:54 am

Keith (KLEMZ) joined me for the latest installment of the podcast. A real wealth of knowledge here with a ton of experience and success in the big woods. In this episode, Keith shares some of his highly advanced e-scouting methods, his tips for navigating the vast expanses of the bigwoods, his favorite tactics and setups for big woods bucks and a ton of help gear tips. I took away a lot of great information from this episode, and I know you will too. Don't miss this one!

https://going4brokeoutdoors.podbean.com/e/keith-stummer-e-scouting-master-class-navigation-tips-and-big-woods-tactics-for-big-bucks-episode-24-going-4-broke-outdoors-podcast/

oldrank

Re: Keith "KLEMZ" Stummer | E-Scouting Master Class, Navigation Tips and Big Woods Tactics for Big Bucks | Episode 24 |

Unread postby oldrank » Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:12 pm

Just finished it... very good. Lots of good tips. The one about vegetation in wet pines is one I'm going to look into for sure. Makes sense and I have some areas I've seen that and overlooked it. I will put it on my radar now.
greenhorndave
500 Club

Re: Keith "KLEMZ" Stummer | E-Scouting Master Class, Navigation Tips and Big Woods Tactics for Big Bucks | Episode 24 |

Unread postby greenhorndave » Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:04 pm

KLEMZ!! Kool! :D

This ought to be a good one.

And dang Klemz, those are the some awesome bucks in that YouTube cover pic! :clap:
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:40 am

Awesome listen! Gonna be relistening and writing down the names of a couple of those mapping sites! And figure out how to put new layers on GoogleEarth!
Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!
mipubbucks24
500 Club

Unread postby mipubbucks24 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:40 am

Great podcast I need to listen again just to soak everything in.
oldrank

Unread postby oldrank » Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:45 am

mipubbucks24 wrote:Great podcast I need to listen again just to soak everything in.

I know me too... great mapping info !!! I was googling as he was going along looking for oaks n checking out the sites he mentioned.
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:37 pm

I’m about halfway through. Good stuff Keith!
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
1STRANGEWILDERNESS
500 Club

Unread postby 1STRANGEWILDERNESS » Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:43 am

I’m glad this happened!

Keep in mind folks, people have abandoned the northwoods because of well.. many reasons

Boiling down to “it’s no good anymore”

Kieth is going up there with a frigin long bow and having consistent success!

I’m going to listen at work this weekend for sure!
don’t be broadcasting when you should be tuning in
KLEMZ

Unread postby KLEMZ » Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:07 am

Thanks for the positive comments guys! I have to admit I was a bit nervous going into this. I typically avoid being in the spotlight but I feel this was a chance to give back a little. Jeremy's Going 4 Broke podcast is my favorite of all the hunting podcasts. He puts a lot of effort into bringing out the unique talents of each of his guests and I'm honored to be on that list.
KLEMZ

Unread postby KLEMZ » Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:22 am

Here's some additional detail on the mapping stuff.

This picture is a random spot in the U.P. that shows what I'm talking about with seeing the red oaks. The red arrow shows the "gain" level slid up to 5 or 6. This will brighten the picture and make those isolated oaks pop out. Top blue arrow is a 4 acre isolated oak clump near dense (bedding?) cover. The bottom blue arrow is more like 8 acres. This is the type of spot I like to find because I have a decent chance of having the deer in bow range. Notice the date, October 24th. Maples have dropped and the oaks are still holding.
stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:15 pm

KLEMZ wrote:Here's some additional detail on the mapping stuff.

This picture is a random spot in the U.P. that shows what I'm talking about with seeing the red oaks. The red arrow shows the "gain" level slid up to 5 or 6. This will brighten the picture and make those isolated oaks pop out. Top blue arrow is a 4 acre isolated oak clump near dense (bedding?) cover. The bottom blue arrow is more like 8 acres. This is the type of spot I like to find because I have a decent chance of having the deer in bow range. Notice the date, October 24th. Maples have dropped and the oaks are still holding.

Thanx for the lesson!

1 question though. Do u have a membership to Sentinal Hub. Cause I've just used what's free so far. And the pics are pretty blurry. Especially when zoomed in enough. To see enough detail!
Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!
KLEMZ

Unread postby KLEMZ » Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:46 pm

Chuck, unfortunately the Sentinal pictures are taken by satellites not airplanes. All the great Hi Rez aerials we see on GE are taken from airplanes. However, satellite views can still be extremely useful (mainly because they are taken so often). You need to be able to reference and understand the scale of what you are seeing. What does that mean? Well, just like measuring a deer track with our fingers, you can estimate the size of the oak clump on that satellite view. If you look just west of the bottom end of the lower blue arrow you will see a small smudge of oaks. That is probably a twenty tree clump of about 1 acre size. I know this only because I have field checked similar oak "smudges". So, you're not going to get a Hi REZ view but you can still make sense of it.
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:02 pm

Great podcast.

Keith, what is all the green in the rest of that pic? Evergreens?
----------
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:05 pm

KLEMZ wrote:Thanks for the positive comments guys! I have to admit I was a bit nervous going into this. I typically avoid being in the spotlight but I feel this was a chance to give back a little. Jeremy's Going 4 Broke podcast is my favorite of all the hunting podcasts. He puts a lot of effort into bringing out the unique talents of each of his guests and I'm honored to be on that list.

You crushed it. I learned a lot.

And yes, Jeremy was really well prepared as always.

Great job guys :clap:
----------

• Advertisement

Return to “Podcast”