Garrett Prahl | Filming, Adapting to Hunting Pressure and Bow Stabilization | Episode 17 | Going 4 Broke Outdoors Podcas

• Advertisement

HB Store

seazofcheeze
500 Club

Garrett Prahl | Filming, Adapting to Hunting Pressure and Bow Stabilization | Episode 17 | Going 4 Broke Outdoors Podcas

Unread postby seazofcheeze » Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:01 pm

I'm sure just about everyone reading this is familiar with Garrett. Garrett is the man behind the extremely popular DIY Sportsman YouTube channel and Podcast. In today’s episode Garrett and I discuss why he first started filming and sharing content. We discuss the evolution of his camera gear, what cameras he would recommend for various budgets, and what he currently uses to film his own hunting adventures. The conversation shifts to hunting out of state, Garrett’s lessons learned there and one of the big takeaways--adapting to hunter pressure. We close out the podcast discussing one of Garrett’s latest videos where he discusses the effects of various stabilizer setups on his accuracy (in typical fashion, his approach and analysis is highly informative). I really enjoyed my conversation with Garrett, and the opportunity to discuss some of these topics and get Garrett’s analytical perspective.

Episode Link:
https://going4brokeoutdoors.podbean.com/e/garrett-prahl-filming-adapting-to-hunting-pressure-and-bow-stabilization-episode-17-going-4-broke-outdoors-podcast/

greenhorndave
500 Club

Re: Garrett Prahl | Filming, Adapting to Hunting Pressure and Bow Stabilization | Episode 17 | Going 4 Broke Outdoors Po

Unread postby greenhorndave » Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:11 pm

Oh, that’s going to be a good one. Very timely for me.

Bowhunter15 is definitely a hunting nerd.

And that’s a compliment :D
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
john1984

Re: Garrett Prahl | Filming, Adapting to Hunting Pressure and Bow Stabilization | Episode 17 | Going 4 Broke Outdoors Po

Unread postby john1984 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:19 pm

Always liked that guy.. I remember him carrying out a late season doe on his back, and a person on here actually recognized the tree he was in when he shot her...
<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:31 am

I was so happy to see him kill a monster buck! Well deserved!
Jimmy wallhanger
500 Club

Unread postby Jimmy wallhanger » Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:19 am

He is how I found this website.
"I don't care if you use it or not, I could care less, There's no money in it for me, Im not making any money from scent-lok... I'm making a little bit of royalties from the saddlehunter suit"
Maverick1

Unread postby Maverick1 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:34 am

Will have to give this one a listen.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
No sponsors. No camera crew. No team. Just me and my bow. And that’s the way I prefer it.

• Advertisement

Return to “Podcast”