Elite Beast member podcast?!

• Advertisement

HB Store

Lockdown

Re: Elite Beast member podcast?!

Unread postby Lockdown » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:37 am

thwack16 wrote:I don't think 2 a week would be a terrible idea. Keeps it moving and something interesting.

I agree with setting an agenda up so that whoever is "on deck" can be working on answers if they'd like to.

Thwack you’ve been active on the thread. Rather than go back and forth on who chooses, I’m going to choose you to nominate someone. Copy and paste the list of questions (or quote them) and get ‘er going.

magicman54494
500 Club

Unread postby magicman54494 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:41 am

Lockdown, since no one else wants to do podcasts why dont you do them? Talk to Dan. It would be so much more handy to just record podcasts.
stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:58 am

magicman54494 wrote:Lockdown, since no one else wants to do podcasts why dont you do them? Talk to Dan. It would be so much more handy to just record podcasts.

I agree! Typing up answers to 20 questions will be very time consuming. Where as all you need for a podcast is an outline. Of course I have no idea what kind of equipment and apps are needed to record and download a podcast!!!

Have we PM'd the people we'd like to hear from? Much better to ask them in private than put them on the spot on the public forum! If they're too busy to do this.
Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:03 am

Lockdown wrote:PredatorTC is up to bat first. Should be a good one!

What do you guys think... one guy per week? Two guys? Everyone at once?? How fast do we want this to move along?

I think guys should be PM'D first and asked if they are interested in doing this instead of being put on the spot with a thread suddenly just dumped on them. Kinda hard to decline once the thread is started. Not everybody feels comfortable doing something like this and we need to respect that.

Edit:I just noticed Stash basically said the same thing I did. Totally agree.
Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:07 am

Dewey wrote:
Lockdown wrote:PredatorTC is up to bat first. Should be a good one!

What do you guys think... one guy per week? Two guys? Everyone at once?? How fast do we want this to move along?

I think guys should be PM'D first and asked if they are interested in doing this instead of being put on the spot with a thread suddenly just dumped on them. Kinda hard to decline once the thread is started. Not everybody feels comfortable doing something like this and we need to respect that.

I agree, Dewey. I put Joe up because I knew he’d participate.

I just started an official Q&A discussion thread. In there I mentioned having a member nominate someone. Whoever they choose, I will absolutely preface the PM to the featured member, saying there will be no hard feelings if they opt out. I don’t want anyone to participate if they don’t want to either. There are dozens of stone cold killers on the forum, so if a few back out, no big deal! We have no shortage of options.
J.W.83

Unread postby J.W.83 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:09 am

Maybe the person who nominates someone can PM the member they have in mind 1st, and if they decline, no one is the wiser, and they can pick someone else, PM them, etc. . . .
Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:11 am

magicman54494 wrote:Lockdown, since no one else wants to do podcasts why dont you do them? Talk to Dan. It would be so much more handy to just record podcasts.

That would be something I would consider. If we’re lucky, Mario will be back on board soon. I can talk to him about it.
Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:17 am

Thanks for your input everyone! For continued discussion on this subject, visit the official Q&A thread.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=49323
Ack

Unread postby Ack » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:22 pm

I think the guy answering the questions should choose the next guy(s), and so on. Would keep it fairly random.
oldrank

Unread postby oldrank » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:05 pm

Ack wrote:I think the guy answering the questions should choose the next guy(s), and so on. Would keep it fairly random.

Great idea
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:06 pm

I would be up for it. I mentioned my interest in helping out with the podcasts. Apparently that’s Mario’s specialty.
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
NYBackcountry
500 Club

Unread postby NYBackcountry » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:51 am

I'd like to suggest having Dunning Kruger on, I'd like to hear about some of the stories associated with all of those trail cam pics.

• Advertisement

Return to “Podcast”