HB Store

tbunao
500 Club

Re: Elite Beast member podcast?!

Unread postby tbunao » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:29 pm

backstrap19 wrote:
tbunao wrote:
Lockdown wrote:
backstrap19 wrote:oh, i can't believe i forgot to mention. MIKE PERRY.

Mike is a true Beast for sure. I want to say he has a podcast out there already but I’m drawing a blank as to where to find it. I’ll scrounge around a bit. (Not that I’m against hearing from him again ;) )

W2h and truth from the stand has episodes with mike.

Still waiting on a podcast from Lockdown :snooty:

i think mike perry was on a nine finger chronicle episode as well. i learned a lot from hearing him the few times he has been on podcasts.

I believe you are right. I forgot about that

Swedishbowhunter
500 Club
Location: South East Wisconsin hunts SE,SW, & Northcentral wi

Unread postby Swedishbowhunter » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:41 pm

When I search for "nine finger chronicles" on my podcast app I come up with nothing. Anyone have an idea what I am doing wrong?
PK_
500 Club

Unread postby PK_ » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:57 pm

Pudster wrote:When I search for "nine finger chronicles" on my podcast app I come up with nothing. Anyone have an idea what I am doing wrong?

I think it’s sportsman nation or something now.
No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.
Everybody's selling dreams. I'm too cheap to buy one.
Rich M wrote:Typically, hunting FL has been like getting a root canal
NYBackcountry
500 Club

Unread postby NYBackcountry » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:55 am

PK_ wrote:
Pudster wrote:When I search for "nine finger chronicles" on my podcast app I come up with nothing. Anyone have an idea what I am doing wrong?

I think it’s sportsman nation or something now.

Yeah, pretty sure they combined 4 podcasts under the Sportsmen Nation title.
backstrap19

Unread postby backstrap19 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:00 am

Yes, nine finger is now part of sportsman's nation. and it bears repeating, i'd listen to a podcast with any successful beast member being interviewed. there is something to be learned from everyone!
tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:52 pm

We need to get this going again!!!

Or I have another idea too. I realize podcast can be difficult to coordinate. How about the guys on the list just start a post to answer random questions guys may have for you? Kind of a one on one Q&A session.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt
krent12
Facebook: Kyle Rentmeester

Unread postby krent12 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:54 pm

he now made it so it is under nine finger chronicles again
krent12
Facebook: Kyle Rentmeester

Unread postby krent12 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:55 pm

i just listened to jason campbells podcast. I could listen to it all day. My favorite so far
Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:31 pm

tgreeno wrote:We need to get this going again!!!

Or I have another idea too. I realize podcast can be difficult to coordinate. How about the guys on the list just start a post to answer random questions guys may have for you? Kind of a one on one Q&A session.

I'm sure Mario is plenty busy. Kind of a bummer because the podcasts with our members were my favorite, hands down.

I'm thinking most guys are going to be too humble to start a thread about themselves. What if we get a set list of questions that we can copy and paste for each person who is "up to bat", it might be interesting to see how each person responds. Then after the initial post(s), any forum member with a question could fire away. (Whether its a totally random question or diving deeper into one that was already asked.)

So we would start a thread titled "Q&A with XXXXX" (insert members name) and when you see your name you can play along or respectfully decline if you choose not to participate.

Once we get a bunch of them maybe compile them into All Time Best Tactical?? Could either have individual links or a "Beast Member Q&A" thread in ATBT with each person's link inside. That might help keep clutter down on the ATBT thread.

Thoughts?
oldrank

Unread postby oldrank » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:41 pm

Lockdown wrote:

I'm sure Mario is plenty busy. Kind of a bummer because the podcasts with our members were my favorite, hands down.

I'm thinking most guys are going to be too humble to start a thread about themselves. What if we get a set list of questions that we can copy and paste for each person who is "up to bat", it might be interesting to see how each person responds. Then after the initial post(s), any forum member with a question could fire away. (Whether its a totally random question or diving deeper into one that was already asked.)

So we would start a thread titled "Q&A with XXXXX" (insert members name) and when you see your name you can play along or respectfully decline if you choose not to participate.

Once we get a bunch of them maybe compile them into All Time Best Tactical?? Could either have individual links or a "Beast Member Q&A" thread in ATBT with each person's link inside. That might help keep clutter down on the ATBT thread.

Thoughts?

20 questions format??? I think a set list would be good.
Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:02 pm

1) In detail, describe your hunting style.

2) What do you feel are the biggest keys to your success?

3) Which terrain types do you have available to you, which do you prefer to hunt, and why?

4) What advice would you give to someone who is just starting out with Beast tactics?

5) If you have one, what is your scent control routine?

6) On average, how much time do you spend scouting? Include all seasons applicable: winter, spring, summer, and in-season

7) When hunting bedding areas outside of rut, how close do you typically set up?

8) When scouting, what amount or what kind of sign tells you a certain bedding area is worth your time?

9) Are trail cameras an important part of your success? If they are, please describe the when's, where's, and why's of how you use them.

10) Name a few things you used to do in the deer woods that you rarely, if ever, do now.

11) Do you prefer morning hunts or evenings? Explain why. Also, is there a time frame during the season that you prefer either one?

12) What is your favorite time of year to hunt and why? (early season, pre-rut, rut, post-rut, late season)

13) If you hunt/travel out of state, what is the best advice you can give to those who are new to it?

14) Is calling an important part of your whitetail tactics? Why or why not?

15) What is the #1 thing that you feel you need to improve on?
Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:03 pm

I compiled a list of questions if we want to go that route. Does anyone have any they would like added?
Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:05 pm

oldrank wrote:
Lockdown wrote:

Thoughts?

Just saw this. Add a few!!
oldrank

Unread postby oldrank » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:59 pm

Lockdown wrote:
oldrank wrote:
Lockdown wrote:

Thoughts?

What is an out of the box tactic you use that you have success with?

What was special about your most strategic kill?

We all get that feeling when we know a kill is going to happen. What is the sign that you know tips the scales in your favor and you know that buck is going to die?
Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:27 pm

oldrank wrote:
Lockdown wrote:
oldrank wrote:
Lockdown wrote:

Thoughts?

What is an out of the box tactic you use that you have success with?

What was special about your most strategic kill?

We all get that feeling when we know a kill is going to happen. What is the sign that you know tips the scales in your favor and you know that buck is going to die?

8-) excellent!! I’ll add those. Anyone else?

• Advertisement

Return to “Podcast”