Elite Beast member podcast?!

• Advertisement

HB Store

Josh_S
500 Club

Re: Elite Beast member podcast?!

Unread postby Josh_S » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:20 am

PredatorTC wrote:What do you guys want to hear about? Mario and I were just talking about this this morning and I need to first figure out topics? Anything Specific?

Winter/Spring 2018: Have a podcast with a few beast members who get it done every year. First go over their tactics in specific scenarios that helped them be successful in 2018. Then go over scouting/plans for the 2019 season since we are all thinking about that right now.

Winter/Spring 2019: Have a follow up podcast discussing how their 2019 season went, and their scouting/plans for 2020.

Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:14 pm

I think a lot of guys especially some newer members assume everything comes easy for the elite beasts mentioned. Would be interesting to here of some of there blunders and screw ups. As well as stories of some bucks that just seemed to be to wise to ever wrap a tag on. And if they could go back in time what would they do different.
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
muddy

Unread postby muddy » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:15 pm

Boogieman1 wrote:I think a lot of guys especially some newer members assume everything comes easy for the elite beasts mentioned. Would be interesting to here of some of there blunders and screw ups. As well as stories of some bucks that just seemed to be to wise to ever wrap a tag on. And if they could go back in time what would they do different.

Gonna hear a grown man cry 4 or 5 times iffin I'm talking.
http://www.iowawhitetail.com
Leading the way for habitat and management information

"It's a good thing you don't need commas and colons to kill deer" -seaz
Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:01 pm

PredatorTC wrote:What do you guys want to hear about? Mario and I were just talking about this this morning and I need to first figure out topics? Anything Specific?

I'd like to hear your thought process and systematic approach to targeting specific deer. Mainly which "minor" details you feel are most important. I know you've said you go more by in the field visuals vs map reading for bedding, and I know you're big on trail cams. Just would like to hear details of the method to your madness.
oldrank

Unread postby oldrank » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:59 am

Joe,
It looks to me that in the Farm Bedding DVD you are hunting a private farm. The Hunting Public Challenge buck was on public land. What are your thoughts on the different strategies it takes to hunt both? What are some thing's you get away with on private you can't get away with on public?
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:06 am

Add Singing Bridge too.

I know Eddiegomes83 was mentioned earlier. Florida hunting seems really unique (compared to us from WI) and he's been on bucks like white on rice.
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
backstrap19

Unread postby backstrap19 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:40 pm

any topics related to big woods would be great. you know, the kind of land so big and thinly populated that there is no such thing as a deer trail? haha. some big woods topic of interest might be:

1. clearcuts, how to hunt them and scout them
2. winter/post season scouting methods and keys
3. food sources other than acorns
4. which in season sign to ignore, and which to pay attention to
5. size of a buck's range and how he uses it
6. gear that makes a difference in a hunt
7. how you utilize/pack/prepare gear

I'd take any episode with any beast member. just keep new perspectives coming in and people from various regions. states like mich, wisc, NY, PA are great since they get so much pressure and success is even more challenging. but honestly, i'm such a podcast junkie, that' i'll listen to any beast podcast that comes out.
backstrap19

Unread postby backstrap19 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:43 pm

oh, i can't believe i forgot to mention. MIKE PERRY.
peteherbst

Unread postby peteherbst » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:47 pm

I’ve listen and relistened to all of the previously done beast podcast and would love more. Being new to the beast, I can’t get enough.

Specific hunt examples would be awesome. Paired with YouTube videos with example maps would be really awesome. I got all the DVDs this year and have watched them all at least twice.
“You have to pay your dues”
Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:14 pm

backstrap19 wrote:oh, i can't believe i forgot to mention. MIKE PERRY.

Mike is a true Beast for sure. I want to say he has a podcast out there already but I’m drawing a blank as to where to find it. I’ll scrounge around a bit. (Not that I’m against hearing from him again ;) )
MATexbow

Unread postby MATexbow » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:20 pm

thwack16 wrote:While I'd certainly like these in podcast form, I've got an idea. A cool way to pass the offseason might be to have a time period devoted to each of these elite members where we have a thread and everyone can bounce questions off them and have them answered. Kind of an "ask me anything" thread. Maybe have a different member do this every Wednesday or something. Or just a week long thread.

+1 to this idea!
Public ownership of land is a vital component of a democracy worth living in. Corporate interests that destroy quality land for profit buy their way into power in our government and actively undermine the rights of public land hunters like us.
Djp32

Unread postby Djp32 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:23 pm

backstrap19 wrote:any topics related to big woods would be great. you know, the kind of land so big and thinly populated that there is no such thing as a deer trail? haha. some big woods topic of interest might be:

1. clearcuts, how to hunt them and scout them
2. winter/post season scouting methods and keys
3. food sources other than acorns
4. which in season sign to ignore, and which to pay attention to
5. size of a buck's range and how he uses it
6. gear that makes a difference in a hunt
7. how you utilize/pack/prepare gear

I'd take any episode with any beast member. just keep new perspectives coming in and people from various regions. states like mich, wisc, NY, PA are great since they get so much pressure and success is even more challenging. but honestly, i'm such a podcast junkie, that' i'll listen to any beast podcast that comes out.

I agree !! X2
MATexbow

Unread postby MATexbow » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:25 pm

In terms of what we want to hear, I would love a question to the elite beasts about how they respond to new environments. Like how they encounter different habitats than what they are use to. I think I learn more of the fundamentals that are essential when I hear someone walk thru them as they encounter a new situation that requires a slow and deliberate process.
Public ownership of land is a vital component of a democracy worth living in. Corporate interests that destroy quality land for profit buy their way into power in our government and actively undermine the rights of public land hunters like us.
tbunao
500 Club

Unread postby tbunao » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:20 pm

Lockdown wrote:

Mike is a true Beast for sure. I want to say he has a podcast out there already but I’m drawing a blank as to where to find it. I’ll scrounge around a bit. (Not that I’m against hearing from him again ;) )

W2h and truth from the stand has episodes with mike.

Still waiting on a podcast from Lockdown :snooty:
backstrap19

Unread postby backstrap19 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:36 am

tbunao wrote:
Lockdown wrote:

W2h and truth from the stand has episodes with mike.

Still waiting on a podcast from Lockdown :snooty:

i think mike perry was on a nine finger chronicle episode as well. i learned a lot from hearing him the few times he has been on podcasts.

• Advertisement

Return to “Podcast”