Keeping It Clean

• Advertisement

HB Store

HighNtree

Keeping It Clean

Unread postby HighNtree » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:13 am

Last night I listened to a podcast where Dan was a guest speaker. As usual, Dan gave a great presentation. I picked up some new tips on how to approach a stand without being detected. On thing that stood out was that Dan kept his language clean. Not one vulgar or profane word came out of his mouth. Unfortunately the same could not be said of the host. I really appreciate the time and effort that Dan and the moderators have put into creating and maintaining clean and respectful site. Hopefully this will serve as an example to others that keeping it clean is the best way.

wolverinebuckman
500 Club

Re: Keeping It Clean

Unread postby wolverinebuckman » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:17 am

Man are you on the money! The hosts on one i just listened to were throwing around some language and I'm like jeez, what if a kid was listening or something.

I used to have an extremely foul mouth before i was saved, but i always worked around women and children and learned early to check my tongue. It kills me when someone it's throwing out f-bombs around kids :naughty: I'm thankful that language is a thing of the past for me now.

This is a classy site, i am glad that stuff isn't allowed here.
Bummer of a birthmark, Hal.
tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:55 am

Dan has always represented himself very well in all situations! This forum reflects that. I wouldn't want it any other way.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:09 am

Ive caught myself slip once or twice, but I try hard to "keep it clean" I think we should all attempt to set a good example of what hunters are.
bigbucks1234

Unread postby bigbucks1234 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:11 am

Thanks for bringing this up, this place is very kid friendly. My son "forkhorn" is a member on here at the age of 14. I do not have to worry about any of that stuff on here because of how clean a shop they run here. Now for the rest of the internet :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:
Rob loper
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/heBuckPsych/

Unread postby Rob loper » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:58 am

I slip up here and there when im home. Not on here though. At least i dont think i have. Lol. I was pretty bad while working in a prison for 20 years the trash mouth rubs off on ya. After being retired now its really helped i still catch myself here and there but. Its not as bad as i once was a gutter mouth lol
I would tell a young kid just getting into hunting that this is the first thing they should do join the beast. And have no worries about it. Class acts are all of you guys just great people
mipubbucks24
500 Club

Unread postby mipubbucks24 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:30 pm

Thanks for posting this, there are a few podcasts out there where the f word is dropped a few times per episode. I don’t care for myself as I hear that kind of language at work all the time but I can’t listen to that stuff while I am at home working on stuff cause I don’t want my little girls to catch it. Just kinda annoying and not needed at all. I am also thankful to Dan and this site for doing his best to keep this place clean.
PK_
500 Club

Unread postby PK_ » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:16 am

Agreed.

Even tho the language doesn’t bother me there are certain podcasts I can’t turn on if my kids are in the car. I wish I could have a setting on iTunes to just sensor everything like my pandora radio...
No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.
Everybody's selling dreams. I'm too cheap to buy one.
Rich M wrote:Typically, hunting FL has been like getting a root canal
AvgJoewithaBow

Unread postby AvgJoewithaBow » Sat May 19, 2018 6:29 am

I'm glad you guys brought this up. I listen to alot of hunting podcasts and there's one I can think of off the top of my head that almost competes to see how much they can out do each other's foul mouth. I slip up every now and again but it's generally at the bowling alley with the guys. My grandmother told me when I was young that "someone who cusses alot must be uneducated or stupid because they cant think of better words to use" That always stuck with me and I think just a general respect for others around me to not talk like that. I dont think it's really adding to a conversation by using bad language. That's just my 2 cents. I appreciate you folks talking about it though.

• Advertisement

Return to “Podcast”