DaveT1963 on the Down South Hunting Podcast

IkemanTx
500 Club

Re: DaveT1963 on the Down South Hunting Podcast

Unread postby IkemanTx » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:39 am

Hunting several of the same properties as DaveT, I have to echo his focus on morning sits...I get FAR more movement in the early to mid morning than any other time of day. It may be the heat down here forcing that, but the trend holds true even in the colder months. I kind of feel like a lot of guys write off morning sits on public because entry is so much harder. He did an excellent job representing the hunting conditions in our area.

Go where none other dare to go, and there you'll find success.
Florida
500 Club
Facebook: facebook.com/huntinggeardeals

Unread postby Florida » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:13 pm

Darkknight54 wrote:
Florida wrote:
Darkknight54 wrote:Is this DaveT's Youtube?
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxQ76s ... KBv1E1IolA

Yessir! Complete with signature sideways videos. There is some great content in there.

I dont want to steal your thunder here bud... but I think this should be shared in the Deer forum as well. Ill let you do it for more podcast recognition. Good stuff, Ill try to keep up more w everything.

You go ahead. It would be better coming from you. I'm so busy I don't really have time to post much here anymore. Unfortunately, I feel like I'm always promoting something now. I get tons of support from the Beast.
Last edited by Florida on Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.huntinggeardeals.com
Co-Host Down South Hunting Podcast
oldrank

Unread postby oldrank » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:15 pm

Good listen guys... one of my favorites. Lots of good stuff even for us northern guys. Thx for putting in the time to do this and sharing it.
mainebowhunter
500 Club

Unread postby mainebowhunter » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:20 pm

I am not jealous of you southern guys. Cotton mouths on the dark. Nope. I am good.

Good to hear from dave again.
WV Bowhunter
500 Club

Unread postby WV Bowhunter » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:24 pm

Got it downloaded, hopefully give it a listen tomorrow.
Luck is when preparation meets opportunity!!
IkemanTx
500 Club

Unread postby IkemanTx » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:59 pm

mainebowhunter wrote:I am not jealous of you southern guys. Cotton mouths on the dark. Nope. I am good.

Haha, no month is safe if you get a warm spell. I used a bass boat to get in and scout a spot this last January... almost had one come in the boat with me. There's a reason us southern boys focus on snakeproofing :-)
thwack16
500 Club

Unread postby thwack16 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:22 am

IkemanTx wrote:
mainebowhunter wrote:I am not jealous of you southern guys. Cotton mouths on the dark. Nope. I am good.

Haha, no month is safe if you get a warm spell. I used a bass boat to get in and scout a spot this last January... almost had one come in the boat with me. There's a reason us southern boys focus on snakeproofing :-)

No, no month is safe. Dad sat down on a stump to rattle on a frosty early December morning this year. Stood up to move on and realized there was a dang cottonmouth laying frozen in a hole in the stump. Temps had been below freezing overnight. Then little brother was duck hunting on a 50 degree low type morning in January and backed into some buck brush for cover, luckily he saw the cottonmouth laid up in it right before he backed into it.
DaveT1963
500 Club

Unread postby DaveT1963 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:37 am

Thanks for the kind words and thanks Florida. I'll have to admit this was my first one and I probably should have prepared some for it lol. Not real quick on my feet like that but hopefully some good info came out.

I will say we are living in unique times I'd have given a years wages when i first got started to have access to the great info out there now.

Now.... October is coming :)
flinginairos
500 Club

Unread postby flinginairos » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:02 am

DaveT1963 wrote:Thanks for the kind words and thanks Florida. I'll have to admit this was my first one and I probably should have prepared some for it lol. Not real quick on my feet like that but hopefully some good info came out.

I will say we are living in unique times I'd have given a years wages when i first got started to have access to the great info out there now.

You did great Dave and I really enjoyed it!
Hawthorne
500 Club

Unread postby Hawthorne » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:04 am

I liked it! Thanks Dave
tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:08 am

DaveT1963 wrote:Thanks for the kind words and thanks Florida. I'll have to admit this was my first one and I probably should have prepared some for it lol. Not real quick on my feet like that but hopefully some good info came out.

I here ya Dave! I had bowhunting magazine and maybe 2 hunting shows on TV. The rest was learning as you go.

By the way...Great podcast Dave!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt
IkemanTx
500 Club

Unread postby IkemanTx » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:06 am

DaveT1963 wrote:I will say we are living in unique times I'd have given a years wages when i first got started to have access to the great info out there now.

Man, isn't that the truth... we younger guys appreciate the lessons too.
Kokes
500 Club

Unread postby Kokes » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:53 am

Dave your youtube channel is filled with some excellent videos as well, I am really enjoying watching your stuff, and just downloaded the podcast which I will get to asap! thank you!
<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:32 pm

I just listened to this for a 3rd time. Just an excellent interview Dave, and I don't hunt the south. I know that you've been on the forum for awhile but I still hope to hear more from you. Great job again
Wannabelikedan
500 Club

Unread postby Wannabelikedan » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:41 pm

IkemanTx wrote:
DaveT1963 wrote:I will say we are living in unique times I'd have given a years wages when i first got started to have access to the great info out there now.

Man, isn't that the truth... we younger guys appreciate the lessons too.

X2. A southern beast scouting workshop still sounds enticing. Dave leading it would be nothing less than proper in my opinion. Watching first hand how a veteran interpreting the sign in a landscape as unique as the south is.....invaluable info.
Teaching is only demonstrating that it is possible.... Learning is making it possible for yourself.

• Advertisement

Return to “Podcast”