Episode #5 - Summer Scouting with Dan Infalt

• Advertisement

HB Store

feutza
500 Club

Re: Episode #5 - Summer Scouting with Dan Infalt

Unread postby feutza » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:49 pm

Thanks Mario and dan for the great podcasts. Dan what kind of shinning light do u like cause I have a older one and it's like hanging on to a thirty pack out the window

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:44 am

feutza wrote:Thanks Mario and dan for the great podcasts. Dan what kind of shinning light do u like cause I have a older one and it's like hanging on to a thirty pack out the window

Brinkman
Timmy

Unread postby Timmy » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:39 pm

Another awesome podcast!!

Kokes
500 Club

Unread postby Kokes » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:12 pm

Just joined the forum and loving these podcasts. Really apply to how I hunt here in ontario. Thx dan.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
thwack16
500 Club

Unread postby thwack16 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:21 am

Bumping this one. Have been doing some listening/reading of old stuff and recently listened to this. Good podcast for sure and covers summer scouting which is a topic that has been asked about a lot lately.

One thing dan mentions in this podcast(not exactly specific to summer scouting) is keeping your ears open and listening to the info you get from others. Something that hits home as a negative from last season for me.

In the summer of 2018 I was shown a trail cam pic of a 160 from 2017 season and was told of his general location and that they were 99% sure he made it. Now this was a third hand info. Mutual friend of a mutual friend of a mutual friend. Each trusted the other, but it could’ve easily gotten to the “wrong” person(me) had I acted on it. I had scouted the area fairly well after both the 2016 and 2017 season but had not prioritized the area and hadn’t hunted it yet. I put off the info till deep into our rut chasing other leads, but finally decided to make a hunt there. Unfortunately the buck was killed a few days prior and the kill pics even got to me before I made that hunt. Deer went 190” and according to the way too vivid details told in an article that was written in a magazine, killed very close to where I would’ve hunted for him.

Just a reminder to follow up on any intel you may hear of big bucks. Likely bad info 99% of the time, but that 1% could be a game changer.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:04 am

thwack16 wrote:Bumping this one. Have been doing some listening/reading of old stuff and recently listened to this. Good podcast for sure and covers summer scouting which is a topic that has been asked about a lot lately.

One thing dan mentions in this podcast(not exactly specific to summer scouting) is keeping your ears open and listening to the info you get from others. Something that hits home as a negative from last season for me.

In the summer of 2018 I was shown a trail cam pic of a 160 from 2017 season and was told of his general location and that they were 99% sure he made it. Now this was a third hand info. Mutual friend of a mutual friend of a mutual friend. Each trusted the other, but it could’ve easily gotten to the “wrong” person(me) had I acted on it. I had scouted the area fairly well after both the 2016 and 2017 season but had not prioritized the area and hadn’t hunted it yet. I put off the info till deep into our rut chasing other leads, but finally decided to make a hunt there. Unfortunately the buck was killed a few days prior and the kill pics even got to me before I made that hunt. Deer went 190” and according to the way too vivid details told in an article that was written in a magazine, killed very close to where I would’ve hunted for him.

Just a reminder to follow up on any intel you may hear of big bucks. Likely bad info 99% of the time, but that 1% could be a game changer.

As you can imagine a lot of leads don't pan out. But a little scouting costs nothing. Big bucks leave sign. He is either there or he's not.

• Advertisement

Return to “Podcast”